14. Life They Always Wanted

Everyone gathered at Tony's house. Steve and Natasha looked around, she groaned as all of their eyes were on them. " Why do we feel like we're facing some trial?"

Tony nodded at them," Because you are, kind of. Now it's your time to state your explanation as kids are asleep now."

Somehow James was so happy about having a sister that he didn't question them much. Steve just told him that she grew up quickly. And without thinking about it anymore he started to play with her, and surprisingly Sarah also enjoyed his company. She knew about her brother before. Steve and Natasha would always tell her about their big family and his brother who was not with them as he stays far away.

Steve shighed before starting," So, Natasha caught me when I was returning Loki's scepter. I couldn't tell all our...heist plan. So I lied. We kind of spent some time together, hydra got my quantum trackers. I had no way but to stay there. Then she found the other Steve Rogers of 2012 and me at the same time. "

Sam waved his hand to stop him," Wait wait, then how come she didn't kill you? She must have thought you're some alien."

Natasha shighed," Because, by that time, I already liked him. I wanted to hear his side of story before making any conclusion. I didn't tell him about my discovery of two Steve Rogers. He wanted to reveal everything but I denied, I thought whoever he was, he would feel guilty and leave me. I had already fallen for him so I didn't want him to leave. Then I got pregnant, after few days Steve told me everything. And it really didn't surprise me because I already knew about the real Steve Rogers of that timeline. "

Steve nodded," Then Natasha wanted to come here with me. I denied thinking about it's hundreds of outcomes. But she was adamant about it so I had to give up. The quantum trackers were destroyed, my dear friend Tony Stark made a new quantum sute by following it's formulas. And we're here. "

Tony stood up from his seat," So you're saying, your daughter is of almost two years, it means you stayed there nearly three years. And I fixed this quantum trackers in less than three years?!! Genius. Absolutely.Thats I am. "

Everyone around him shighed shaking their heads. Clint looked at Natasha," So there is no problem, if you'll stay here?"

Natasha shighed," I don't think so. Nothing happened yet at least."

After few hours everyone started to leave. Steve picked Sarah and Natasha picked James in their arms and said goodbye to Tony and Pepper. Sam offered to drive them and they headed towards their home, Rogers Resident.

They put the kids in bed, Steve and Natasha were cleaning the kitchen. He felt someone's presence behind him. He turned around and saw doctor Strange. Natasha noticed his pale and fearful posture and looked there where his eyes were glued. " I'm sure you both must have thought about it's consequences."

Steve moved to Natasha's side and grabbed her hand interlinking their fingers. " We're ready as long as we'll have some more time together. Please. "

Strange's eyes softened ," You broke the timeline, you're aware of that right? What about her own existence in her real world?"

Natasha quickly answered him," I've already solved it. I'm kinda dead there. They'll remember me, but I won't be there. I'm aware of that risk."

He shighed and looked at the couple who were afraid to lose each other but putting a strong face. Who were continuesly craving for some happiness." You breached the timeline, so you'll have a punishment. You both will be aged faster than others. One year of others will be two years for you. I think you'll have enough time with each other. " With that he vanished into the golden portal.

Steve shighed looking down. Natasha cupped his cheeks," That's enough time for us. Let's get the life we always wanted."

He smiled and pulled her into a tight hug," You're right. By the way, we're officially old now, I think we should retire." She smiled and went to sleep. It doesn't matter if it's gonna be ten years or twenty, they just wanted to live happily their rest of the life together with their kids and friends.

Next morning Steve called Sam to his house. Sam arrived there and Natasha told him to meet Steve as he was waiting for him at the backyard. He approached him and he told him to sit next to him on the bench.

Sam shighed looking ahead at the peaceful sight of green and the small stream. " Your girl, Sarah, she looks more like you. I wonder how you'll look if you put on some ladies clothes."

Steve laughed along with him. Then he shighed before starting," I'm thinking about taking retirement. What do you think?"

Sam looked at him then looked back ahead," You need that. Live your last couple of years peacefully, grandpa. " Then he became silent before starting again," I think, the whole world would remain grateful to you. They would miss you."

He nodded with a smile," They'll miss Captain America, not me, Steve Rogers." Sam looked at him as he noticed his heavy tone. " I've always told you, you're a good man, my good friend. Who's never turned down his duties. I think it's time Sam. Don't you think ?"

Sam stuttered a little," Uh...I mean, I always followed your directions, this symbol of bravery and justice. I've never thought about holding it. "

Steve smiled and picked the shield uncovering it and held it towards him. " Everything worths a try. I made it lighter than before. But don't hold it if you feel it's like a burden. Like you said, if you wanna carry forward this symbol of bravery and justice, then go ahead."

Sam controlled his nerves and held the shield in his shaking hands. " You said it's lighter but...it feels heavy."

He chuckled," That's because it's not a reward, it's a responsibility. And I believe, you're the one who got the ability to hold it. You're worthy of it. Just be the man you're now, you don't need anything special. It's not Thor's hammer, so you don't need be a god. "

Sam smiled and out the shield on his lap, hugging it to his chest. " I'll give my best. Speaking of, what was that? This curiosity is killing me. Even Thor said you must be some Ausgardian who lives in earth in disguise."

He laughed on this," Even Natasha thinks so. To be honest, I don't even know. I just felt like, let's try. That was the moment we needed it most. I think according to the situation that hammer choose me, not the other way around." They both stood up and he patted his back," I'm assured now. I know you can do it. "

Sam looked at the shield and ran his finger on it. Then he smiled looking up to him," Thank you, Captain. I won't let you down."

Before leaving Sam had lunch with them and informed them about his plan to propose Maria that evening and invited them. Steve joked saying he would talk to Bucky if he was gonna be serious with Wanda and when he was gonna propose her as well.

                    ________________________
Next chapters will be focused on our junior Avengers. Lots of fun on the way 🤗🤗

💗 Romanogers 💗