26. The End is Near

James and Morgan met at the entrance of the beach fastival. They walked inside hand in hand, trying to get used to with the fresh change of their relationship. They sat on the sand at a quiet place.

Morgan shighed and started," So, let me start. I'm...I'm sorry. For all the trouble I've caused you. I've no idea about how to explain myself. I knew, if things gets complicated we couldn't solve it gently. Still...I grew my friendship with Liam. He told me many times that...he likes me. But, I denied everytime. Because I liked you from a long time. "

James hid his smile turning his head to other side," But you were quite impressed by his mathematical brain. You wanted to pick him as your partner."

She became a little difencive," I did not. It just happen to be like that. And I didn't want to create a fuss about it, so I let him be. " She became silent for a moment then looked at him," If we're talking about others, then what about Jessica? You two were inseparables this while year. "

He laughed a little," Jess, she's like a sister to me. She also thinks so. Actually I wanted to ask you out after passing our finals. I was a little upset when you picked him. But I couldn't say that to you. So I kept quiet, thought maybe our friendship is over."

She slowly reached for his hand and held it a little tighter," You know what ? I was more scared of the thought that maybe you'll never look at me again. After leaving you in open cold for the whole night on my birthday. You got sick. Even I knew, we were supposed to go to our prom together, I went with someone else. I thought it's too much. "

Her voice cracked at the end. He took her palms in his," Meg, you didn't cause any trouble at all. It's just how it is. We couldn't help it. We're not mature enough to know about this. " He then smiled at her," And, the thing I wanted to tell you is... I like you too. I like you so much that I couldn't find words there. I became speechless at that moment..."

She cut him off with a quick peck on his lips. She couldn't help but smiled as he was blushing so hard," What you were saying?" He just smiled and they sat there for sometime before returning to their places.

Next morning Steve and Natasha were in kitchen when the doorbell rang. Steve opened it, his breathing stopped for a moment. There stood Dr Steven Strange, and his friend, Wong. Steve let them in. Natasha understood the reason as soon as she saw the two magician walked inside. She shared a look with Steve," It's time, isn't it?"

Strange looked at the couple," Are you experiencing any symptoms? "

Steve shighed nodding at him," She fainted few days back, and I'm having asthama sometimes, which was stopped by the serum. "

Strange nodded lowering his head. He knew it's unavoidable now. " You've...a week. Maximum. Don't be so hard on yourselves. You lived your life, now your time is up. I'm telling you both about this beforehand because, I thought it would be best if you'll get a proper send off. Relive the happy memories. Say your goodbye properly. That's your chance. "

Next evening they invited everyone to have dinner with them, with an excuse of an occasion. They haven't talked to James and Sarah yet about it. Surprisingly, Yelena joined them too.When they gathered at Rogers house, Steve started to talk as they were having their food. " It's been almost thirty years huh? Unbelievable. "

Tony huffed loudly," Hah! And don't talk about your first meeting with everyone. Don't know about others, but he behaved so rude with me. Called me a selfsh bast*rd. "

Steve raised his eyebrow at him," And I've apologised many times for that."

Natasha crossed her arms on her chest," But I don't remember you apologising Steve for telling him that he's just an experiment. "