16. Conflicts

Next morning Clint picked everyone in his van for school. First he picked Nate, then James and Sarah, then Joseph and Merry, then Stephan and at last Morgan and Bryan. Going school was fun for all of them, but returning was hectic and chaotic. Morgan closed her book and turned to her side at James," By the way, you heard about the mathematics guy? Liam ? He scored 96 from hundred."

He shighed and looked back to his notebook," I scored 98 in biology last semester."

She raised her eyebrows at him," Biology and mathematics are not same. I was thinking, should I draw him as my semester partner this time ? I'm little bit slow in maths so he can help me. "

He didn't know why he felt weird. He didn't look at her," You should."

She tapped his head with a laugh," Don't worry, you're my lucky draw. I won't replace you. " He smiled but hid it immediately. After few minutes they reached at school.

In thier class room the teachers announced the semester partners and James wasn't paired up with Morgan yet. So he was worrying inside. But his face saddened as the teacher said all the physics students got thier partners. It means she was paired up with someone else. From last four semesters they had been partners. They gets good score in study, practical and in sports also. But this time it wasn't possible.

James was paired up with Jessica Forster. Thor and Jane's daughter, who lived in earth with her mother. She was a physics  student and had biology in optional. He knew her but they weren't that much friendly. She's little different than his other friends. She gets angry quickly so they teases her as angry bird. So she never liked to hang out with them.

At the end teacher allowed them to meet their own semester partners and try to get along with each other. James wasn't excited at all. He knew he couldn't do anything about it, but still he was feeling bad. Jessica walked up to desk and smiled friendly," Hi James. We're partners for this semester."

He stood up from his seat," Hi. I've a practical observation in laboratory, so I've to go."

Her smile faded but she tried anyway," It's okay. We'll meet after school." He nodded with a smile and left.

James went to the laboratory and sat there alone. Morgan was his best friend. Obviously they doesn't act like friends at all. Always trouble and annoys each other. But still they had never parted ways. Nate walked into the lab with a girl, his partner, and saw James sat there lowering his head. " Hey Rogers ? Are you sleeping ?"

He looked at him shaking his head," No no, I was just...sitting here. "

Nate narrowed his eyes at him but nodded at his side," Anyway, this is Lisa, my semester partner from physics department."

James stood up and school his hands with her," Hi, James, nice to meet you."

She smiled at him," Nice to meet you too."

Nate looked at her," By the way, do you know, who is the partner of Morgan Stark? Same as yours physics department?"

She thought for a moment then nodded," I think... someone from mathematics. Yeah, Liam. "

Nate looked at James with a smirk," Oooh, no wonder why your handsome face turned into a gloomy one." Dyna looked at him in confusion, he shook his head with a laugh," They've been pairing up from last four semesters, but this time they had a breakup. "

She looked at James as well," But she can change her partner if she wants."

He picked his bag and walked past them," I don't want her to do that. " Nate looked at his back as he walked out without saying anything.

He walked towards the physics class room and looked around for Jessica, his eyes instantly found Morgan but he avoided her," Hey Forster?" She looked at him at the doorstep and he nodded her to come outside. She excused herself to her friends and came out. " Hey, can we talk tomorrow at school again? Actually I'm not feeling well, so I'm heading home early. "

She nodded ," It's alright. But are you okay?"

He nodded reassuringly," I'm okay, just need some rest. See you tomorrow." She nodded with a smile and went inside.

He started to walk through the corridor towards the exit but he heard Morgan yelling at him from behind," James stop there!!" He didn't stop. " I said statue!" He shighed but stopped on his track still not turning around. She ran at him. " Why are you leaving like this?"

He looked at her raising his eyebrows. She shighed," You know I've drawn Liam don't you ?" He didn't react anything. " I didn't ask to change my partner because he's good in maths and I..."

He cut her off," And I said you should, earlier. It's good for you. I gotta go."

She stopped him again," But why are you leaving rest of the class?"

He shighed and looked at her," I've informed the principal already. Should I have informed you instead ? I'm not feeling good so I'm going home." He didn't wait for her response and walked away.

She shighed not understanding why he just acted like this today. He behaves rude sometimes but today he wasn't being rude, he's being cold. He was speaking as if it doesn't matter if he should talk to her or not. " Why this stupid acting like this today?" Did he feel like she abandoned him? Did he think she left him because she wanted to improve her mathematics while he wasn't very good in it? She had no answer.

James arrived at home and Natasha was confused as it wasn't school off hour but he was here. She let him in and took off his bag from his shoulder," Honey, your principal called and said you're not feeling well. Are you okay?"

He nodded at her," I'm fine mommy. Just couldn't focus on class." He headed to his room.

Steve noticed this nodded at Natasha questioningly. She shook her head. They went to his room. " Is there anything wrong you wanna share with us?" Natasha approved him and caressed his head.

He smiled reassuringly," I'm really okay mom. Just felt disturbed so I came early."

Steve nodded at him," Okay we won't force you. But you must talk to us if something bothers you alright?"

He smiled at his father," Sure dad. I just wanna sleep for sometimes. "

" Okay have rest." Natasha kissed his forehead and closed the door behind her. She shighed and hugged Steve ," Hope he's okay."

He rubbed her back," He's fine. Schooling pressure is like this. "

While returning from school Clint noticed James was missing," Where is James ?"

Nate glanced at Morgan then looked at his father," He went home early."

He narrowed his eyes at him," Why ?"

He hesitated to answer, he knew the exact reason. " Said he's not feeling well." Clint wasn't convinced but nodded anyway and drove off.

During the ride Bryan looked at his sister and found her face was off. Then he whispered to Nate," What's up with her?"

He shrugged his shoulder," No idea."

After getting home Morgan went straight to her room slamming the door a little. Pepper and Tony looked at Bryan. He also shrugged his shoulder," No idea."