Chapter 5

[A/N]: I am sad :( Oh, and there's a picture of Lucy on the side.

[Liam's P.O.V]

Louis entered the flat around 8:30AM carrying a large bag of cat litter, and Harry scurried in behind him, holding something close to him underneath his jacket. The younger boy stayed close to Louis with a pouting look on his face. Niall, however, leaped from the couch and sprinted towards Harry.

"Is Lucy in there?" he asked hopefully.

Harry quickly wormed his way in front of Louis, who had been pouring Lucy's litter into the litter box I'd set in the corner, "N-no..."

"Yes she is!" Niall bellowed triumphantly. "Let me see her!"

"Leave Lucy alone for now, Niall," Louis chuckled. "She's not going to be very fond of this new flat, and will probably only feel safe with Harry."

"Or Louis," Harry pouted. "But Louis c-cannot stay."

"Sorry, Kitten," Louis gave Harry a kiss on his forehead before he bent down to eye level with Harry's jacket. "Sorry, other kitten..."

"Can I hold her just once?" Niall pleaded.

Harry poked his lips out so Louis would kiss him, and then Louis looked to me, "Make sure Niall doesn't become a thief... he's stolen my Kitten once before."

Harry glared at Niall, "Niall will not steal Lucy."

Louis smiled fondly at him, patting his bum gently, "Go sit on the couch, love."

Harry grinned but went and plopped down on the couch, gently removing the tiny ball of fluff from his coat and placing it on his lap. Louis was staring at the pair fondly, and I lifted my eyebrows at him, "So are you attached to Lucy, too?"

"I think it's adorable how much Harry likes Lucy," Louis chuckled. "I love seeing him so happy."

"He's very defensive of her," I observed, turning my gaze back to Louis and narrowing my eyes. "I wonder who he gets that from."

Louis ignored the fact that I'd called him defensive, but agreed, "Harry really is defensive over Lucy. She had gotten up and somehow gotten off the bed and wormed her way into the closet while we were asleep last night. Harry had been cuddling with her... but she probably became curious and then decided she was afraid so she hid. When our alarm went off and Lucy wasn't sleeping against Harry, Harry was hysterical."

"Aww," I gave  chuckle of sympathy. "Poor lad."

Louis pulled out his phone and glanced at the time, "Ah, I really should get going."

He strode over to Harry, which sent Lucy cringing into Harry's torso until Louis gently picked her up and cuddled her close. Harry laughed, holding his arms out for Louis to pick up as well. Louis satisfied the younger boy by placing a soft kiss onto is lips, giving the kitten in his arms a light hug, and then handing the kitten back to Harry.

"Bye, Lou," Niall chuckled mischievously.

"Leave Lucy alone, Niall," Louis warned, giving us all a quick wave goodbye and then exiting.

My attention went back to Harry and the kitten, and I went to join them on the couch. Harry was gently running his thumb against the side of Lucy's tiny face, and the kitten was certainly enjoying it. I could hear a loud but pitiful purr rumbling from the fluff ball on Harry's lap. I held my hands out hesitantly, "Can I hold her, Harry?"

Harry looked at me and nodded, carefully picking Lucy up and placing her in my hands. He used the opportunity to take off his beanie and put it in his jacket pocket, pulling a bag of food from the other pocket and setting it on the coffee table. He then kicked off his shoes and pulled his legs up onto the couch with him. Lucy, who had stopped purring, was staring at me with large, green eyes. It was quite evident that the kitten had no idea what to think of me, and I was surprised she hadn't fled back to Harry's lap. However, her eyes fell onto the string of my sweats, and her paw lifted slightly and swatted at it.