Chapter 21

[A/N]: Hiya guys! So I took my some allergy medication (that made me really thirsty so I hate it!) and luckily I was alright for my choir competition! We got a 2! But now... the medicine has worn off so I'm coughing a crap ton again and have reachieved the goose stage. I also coughed up a bit of blood? But whatevs! Time for the next chapter! LETS DO THIS POO.

[Zayn's P.O.V]

People kept asking me if I was alright, when Louis was the one who ended up unconscious and in the hospital. Watching his pass out had scared the crap out of me. After the other lads showed up, Harry somehow used his hysteria to his advantage and got to go back and see Louis even though I'd been constantly asking for updates on him and wasn't given anything.

"Well that's good they're letting them see Louis," Chris told me softly, keeping his hand on my hip. "Means he should be alright... but you're sure your head is okay?"

I sighed but allowed Chris to pull me over to sit in the waiting room chairs, "Chris, I promise you I'm fi-"

"I've already lost one person I love to a car accident, I really don't think I could handle another," the ginger man continued, catching me off guard. He'd finally removed his hand from my waist, but had kept it so it remained touching my back, almost in a soothing manner.

My gaze snapped up to meet his, and I sucked in a sharp breath at how... vulnerable he looked. For a moment, I couldn't seem to find what I wanted to say, but I eventually managed to croak out, "You... you love me?"

Chris moved his hand slowly to my cheek, giving a hesitant nod. Carefully, he leaned forward, eyes closed, and brushed our lips together. A buzzing feeling shot through me the moment our lips met, and then Chris was pulling away with a blush and leaving my mind racing, "Sorry! Did I- was that too soon?"

I seized his face in my hands, pressing our lips together and feeling my ears flatten to my head. Which surprised me, considering I had full control over them and they generally sat boringly atop my head, but I had no control of their movement in that instance. After a few moments of gently moving our lips together, I pulled back a tad breathlessly, "S'that answer your question?"

Chris cracked a smile, "So... you... are we on the same page?"

"Yeah," I returned the grin. "It's something I haven't felt for quite some time, but I'm pretty sure we're in love..."

At that moment, Niall emerged from the hall, and Chris instantly grabbed my hand in his own, wiggling his eyebrows, "We're going to make him freak. He did kind of call this..."

Niall approached, looking somewhat relieved, and still not taking notice of our hands, "Lou just has a cut forehead and a broken arm. I guess seeing all the blood on his hands from his head freaked him out, s'why he fainted."

"Where are Harry and Liam?" I asked.

"They're-" Niall started before he glanced down at our hands. "Holy hell I called it! I called it! You want each other, I knew it, I gotta go tell-"

Chris laughed, "Niall, wait! Liam and Harry?"

"Well Louis has to get a small surgery on his arm before they cast it, so they took him to do that but Harry refuses to leave the empty room so Liam is chilling in there with him and I have to tell them. Sweet damn, this is fantastic."

I chuckled as Niall sprinted away, disappearing back through the double doors, "Well... we don't have to worry about our friends caring whether or not we date. I'm thinking Niall supports us..."

Chris grinned, giving my hand a squeeze, "I'd still date you even if Niall hated it."

"Same to you," I beamed, finding I really liked the feel of his hand in mine.