Chapter 23

[A/N]: *barrel rolls into chapter* TIME TO SHUCK FIT UP! But firstly! I'd like to dedicate this chapter to GoLarryStylinsonXx! Now. I must warn you. What you're about to see in the multimedia is very painful on the heart. Which is why I love it, k? Okay :D Moving on!

[Liam's P.O.V]

Our flat wasn't our flat without the both of us. It was empty, lonely, and quiet, aside from the echoing sound of my sobs that I couldn't seem to make stop. I could have forced myself upon Louis, we could have stayed in the same flat because after all we were in the same situation... but that would make it seem much too real. So instead I went back to my own flat where I curled up in a ball on the couch with Niall's pillow and tried to get some sleep. However, when you can't breathe through your nose because you've been crying for hours, it's a tad difficult to actually rest. Especially if you're worried sick about the love of your life.

I had to have fallen asleep at some point, however, because I woke up with a text from Zayn reminding me I could call him if I needed him. I sent him back a thanks before texting Louis to see if he was up yet, and then wandered into the kitchen. There was no way I would be able to stomach any food, but my living room seemed to spacious for my liking. If Niall were with me, we'd either be sleeping, or if Harry was over, I'd make them breakfast while Niall playfully harassed the curly haired lad who was quickly learning to defend himself when Louis wasn't around.

When I'd left Louis alone, he seemed numb to the concept. He'd broke down at the hospital, I'm pretty sure all of us did, but then he appeared to have shut himself down. Then again,  I wasn't with him, and it was probably an entirely different story for him once he was alone. Because when you were alone, that's when it hit you. The overwhelming sense of loneliness that nobody wanted or deserved. The loneliness that couldn't be solved, so it gave you no other choice but to curl up and cry.

It was a cold, hard, fact. I needed my Niall. My lovable boy with the ears and the tail, my Prince Nialler. Without him I had no one to cuddle with, no one to make food for. He wasn't there to say inappropriate things before crawling into my lap if he thought I was disappointed with him. I didn't have him bounding around me while I tried to clean the kitchen, or have him sneakily slipping in front of me while I did something productive, just so he could lean over to ''pick something up'' and nonchalantly grind back against me.

I just missed all of him. Even the things he did that sometimes irritated me. I missed the way he was always the first one to put tongue into our kisses, the way he could never seem to make his own food. But most of all I missed his endearing side. How if he thought I'd fallen asleep before him, he'd cover me up and cuddle close against my chest. How his tail would wag entirely on it's own if I smiled at him or even acknowledged his presence. Louis eventually texted me back.

I'm unfortunately awake, yes. Why?

To which I responded: No reason. I think I'm just going to do some house cleaning today and then maybe see you tomorrow.

He replied, but I'd set my phone down on the coffee table and didn't pick it up again. I wasn't going to clean house. I wasn't going to be at all productive. Instead, I went into my study, where I kept all my books, everything I wrote about Niall, and I shoved it off the desk and onto the floor. I wasn't normally one for temper tantrums, but the feeling of agony that I had building inside of me left me no choice but to do something, or it felt like I would implode. After panting in exhausting and examining the mess I'd made of the study, I went and lay back down on the couch to cry some more. I ended up staying there for the rest of the day.

[mah]

[Louis' P.O.V]

I woke up alone on my couch after getting a text from Liam asking if I was awake. Awake was not what I wanted to be. All I could think about was my Kitten, wondering if he was safe, wondering if Ella was treating him nicely. I patted my chest, feeling for the note the boy had made for me. When I didn't feel the paper after patting all around, I launched myself up off the couch, looking around frantically.