chapter 5

Jaechan's pov

'sorry but I can't return your feelings. I'm not ready for a relationship yet' I have been reciting this line since yesterday. I had many options but I chose to settle with this one. It sounds more sincere and looks a little polite. So if she comes to me I'll just tell her straight and get it over with. What if I suddenly forget -no let's not be negative.

Today I went to school 30 minutes earlier. I wanted to talk to her before classes start so that i can at least concentrate and not think about anything else. I went and sat at my usual spot where she found me the previous day hoping for her to come quickly. After like 10 minutes I heard a voice similar to her's -it was her. She was talking to some other girls and they were coming towards my direction. "guys I'll join you later" she said to other girls and they walked away.

"hi " I stood to greet her and she bowed in return.

"uhm... about what you told me yesterday I want to give you an answer" suddenly I felt nervous when I saw the look on her face. I could tell she was also nervous.

"i'm... not ready for a relationship... yet. I'm sorry I can't return your feelings." I couldn't look at her in the face so I glued my eyes to the ground. I heard her let out a little chuckle before she spoke.

"It's okay I understand " she said in a low voice. I looked up at her with a faint smile and bowed at her. I was about to walk away when she spoke again.

" Then... can we be friends " she said. I looked at her and nodded in response and she smiled back.

"Then I'll introduce myself. I figured you might not know me. My name is Kim Nohjin nice to meet you." She then stretched her hand to meet mine for a handshake and I introduced myself too, though she already knew my name.

★★★
School was done for the day and Jaechan headed straight home. He didn't have much on his mind today so he just walk slowly listening to music unlike yesterday where he ran home.

When he got home this time he didn't forget to greet his mum.

"mum I'm home " he said as he closed the door behind him. He saw another pair of shoes by the door so he guessed she might be having a guest over. Jaechan arranged his shoes on the rack and tiptoed towards the stairs so he can go to his room. Just when he lift his leg to step on the first stair his mom called for him.

"Jaechan-ah, come and say hi to my friend" and that's was exactly what he was avoiding. he had no choice but to obey his mum. He internally cursed as he walked with a forced smile towards the living room. He immediately bowed to the elders Infront of him politely.

"Soojin-ah, this is my son Jaechan. " She said to her friend who was currently looking at the said person with a fond smile and Jaechan bowed once more to her. He didn't know what to do or say so he just stood there awkwardly looking at the two talking about him. Jaechan saw that his business was done there so he backed out slowly and ran towards his room.

When he got in he put his bag down and threw himself on the bed.

" I'm so fucking tired " he said to himself. He stayed like that for a couple of minutes and decided to go freshen up. After that he began his assignments. Normally he eats first before doing his assignment but he chose to do it as he waited for the guest downstairs to leave first.