Chapter 14

Wednesday
Leaf-bare Morning
----------------------------------
6:00
Dashtail woke up to shinepaw listening to Medowstar ramble about her warrior ancestors
Medowstar seems to be quite close with my apprentice.
Dashtail beamed as he padded over to the she-cats.
"Dashatail! Please accept this pigeon!" Medowstar exclaimed.Dashatail accepted the fresh kill and wolfed it down."This is lovely! Thank you."
Shineapw rushed over to show him some daisy and juniper berries."This is a daisy,Its used for joint pain!" Shinepaw explained,"And these are some juniper berries,they are used for Bellyache!"
Dashtail smiled and looked impressed.Medowstar smiled at the apprentice."Are there any herbs you can give me for Whitecough?"
Shinepaw painted to the Catmint.Dashtail nodded and asked her to give Medowstar the Catmint.

* * *
Dashtail knew it was the gathering.Its been 2 moons.He woke up to Shinepaw looking stressed."DASHTAIL!WAKE UP!" She cried.Dashtail rushed to see a very weak Medowstar."Dashtail..Shinepaw..I should hunt with Starclan now.You have been a very loyal friend and a fine medicine cat.Crowstep I assure you...she will be great...Tell Your mother I will never forget her..."
Medowstar closed her eyes.Shinepaw looked traumatised.
"She hunts with StarClan now Shinepaw." Dashtail whispered.
Dashtail went to tell his sister the news."I see Dashtail.I will announce,And then we will go to receive my 9 lives." Crowstep Seriously mumbled.
"All cats old enough to catch their own prey please gather around the Great Rock.We have lost our nicest leader,Medowstar,that means Dashtail and I will be heading to the StarStone.Springsong's eyes grew wide.Dashtail and Crowstep headed to The StarStone,The Mother Mouth was quite close to camp so the pair travelled through the tunnel to the StarStone.
Crowstep received her lives,Dashtail was scared to see her change.She was probably no longer going to be the 'Fun Humorous Sister.'Crowstar and Dashtail headed back to Camp as She headed back to the Great Rock.
"All cats old enough to catch their own prey please gather around the Great Rock.I shall chose the cats to come the Gathering and appoint our new deputy.Roseear,Please come onto the rock with me.
I say these words before StarClan so that the spirits of our warrior ancestors may hear and approve of my choice. The new deputy of SwampClan is Roseear."