sixteen

[ 👹 ]

━━━━━━━━━━━━

THIRD PERSON'S POV

━━━━━━━━━━━━

a tall boy walked around the house in uneasy manner, warily watching his surroundings.

ever since the day he saw a strange girl chasing after him, he felt like someone is watching his every move in the estate. but how could he not find anyone if he feels that way? even the strange girl didn't appear before him again.

"maybe just my wary feeling.." he thought and continue with his day.

at the same time.

"why do i feel like someone is guarding against me?" y/n thought out loud while walking side by side with aoi.

"eh? what do you mean?" aoi carried the basket of laundry before throwing y/n a weird look.

the girl shrugged. "i just feel like someone is being cautious with me." aoi raised an eyebrow at my statement.

"you really got the wind hashira genes? how can you even feel those things." she joked and y/n grin playfully.

"maybe because i am his descendant." she joked back. "ah, i'll help you with the laundy, aoi!"

y/n catched up to her and help her lift the basket before walking towards the backyard. aoi tried to stopped the h/c hair girl but she already arrived at the backyard.

"chill, aoi. you gotta relax sometimes. i always saw you walking around the estate doing chores. you need to take a break." y/n smiled but aoi purses her lips.

she walked towards y/n and tried to grab the laundry but the h/c hair girl smacked her hands off.

aoi sighed.

"it's not that i can't relax, it just..." she contemplate a minute, thinking if she should be honest with her feelings.

y/n stare at her and send her a smile. "it's alright aoi, you can just sit there. i'll do the rest."

aoi look at the girl who warmly smiled at her and look down. she complied y/n's words and sit inside, not too far from y/n.

y/n smile and start putting the laundry on the pole with the strings attached to dry it off. she hummed softly, a familiar tune back from the modern era she used to listen all the time.

aoi listened to the girl's hummings and suddenly feel relax.

"y/n, you see..." aoi fiddled with her clothes and y/n turned to her.

"take it slow aoi." she chipped in and aoi chuckled.

"yes."

the atmosphere around them become silent, yet comfortable again before aoi break it.

"i'm a cowardice." she started off.

y/n continue doing her work as she listened.

"i survived the demon slayer trial, but yet i chose to hide myself here and refused to slay demons." she purses her lips.