Chapter 3 - Meeting

Sandra walked down the halls after school, books in her hands and ready to go home. She turned and stopped as she three boys crowded around a form on the ground, kicking it while laughing. Before she could say anything, the boys seemed to have enough and walk the other way down the hall, leaving the cowering boy on the ground.

"Are you alright?" she asked as she quickly made her way over, crouching down as he sat up.

"I'm fine."

"You don't look it. Here, let me-"

"You don't need to."

"I don't mind," she assured him with a gentle smile and he allowed her to help him stand. He quickly clutched his side and she surveyed the black eye starting to form.

"Thank you," he said, trying to get away from her gaze.

"I don't think you should be walking home alone. You might pass out or... I don't know. Let me walk you home."

"It's that usually the man's line." She chuckled and he smiled at the sound.

"I've always thought it's nice to switch things up time and time again. I'm Sandra," she held out her hand.

"Tommy," he shook it.

"Nice to meet you. Now, about walking you home..."

"Okay," he agreed. "At least let me carry your books," he said as he leant down to pick them up, but he had to stop halfway as he groaned in pain.

"How about you carry them next time," she suggested, slightly biting her lip and she looked down at the books she put in her arms.
"Next time?"

She shrugged. "Depending on how this time goes."

He slowly nodded. "I'd like that." She smiled, taking his arm and leaving the school.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I thought I'd start adding in letters or memories between Sandra and Tommy so you get more of their love story. Hope you guys liked it. Let me know if you have any ideas on memories I should include!