𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

Visenna was not blind

Visenna was not blind. The eyes of Kings Landing were always on her and her brothers like vultures waiting to attack. There would be days where she would look in the mirror staring at her reflection looking for any feature that resembled the man she called her father. She didn't even look like her brothers but she knew the reason for that, her father Laenor always said she was to smart for her age. 

Visenna knew who her brothers true father was even at her age but she would never say it out loud. Sir Harwin Strong the captain of the city watch and her mothers secret lover was their biological father. It was obvious to anyone with eyes her brothers were his they looked exactly like him and Harwin showed he cared for them more than any knight should. 

Visenna was not his though, he knew that and so did she. There was a brief time when he returned to Harenhal on his fathers orders and her mothers uncle Daemon had come to visit Kings Landings, nine moons later she was brought into the world.

Visenna had never met Daemon the man that was supposedly her true father. Visenna once asked her mother where he was and she said he lived far away with his wife and children. Sometimes she thought to send a raven to him ask him if he was her father or why he didn't come to see her but after awhile she just assumed he didn't need another daughter why would he. He had two around her age and one on the way from what she heard and it made her despise her cousins.

♕♕♕

When Visenna had been readied for the day by the servants she entered her mothers quarters to say good morrow and break her fast but was met by Ser Harwin crouched in front of her brothers saying his goodbyes. She had heard from the castle gossip that he was leaving to return to Harenhal with his father the hand the rumors were getting out of hand and his father wanted them to leave immediately but his younger brother Larys was to stay in Kingslanding.

"Be good to your mother, lads. I'll visit when I can but that may be some time." He reassured Lucerys before standing up to see the baby. "I will be a stranger when we meet again."

Visenna stayed quiet and moved more into the room near her brother Lucerys seeing him upset she pulled him into a hug and let him cry into her dress. She was not upset like her brothers to see him leave he was nothing but a knight to her but she couldn't say the same for Luke and Jace. Ser Harwin collected his sword and bags quietly and left the room with his head low Jace following him sadly out the door.

"We will exchange letters by raven. Won't that be fun?" Rhaenyra tried to make Jace feel better as she guided him back inside the room.

"Is Harwin Strong my father? Am I a bastard?" Jace suddenly asked, their mother looked around to make sure no one heard and closed the door. Visenna was surprised he would ask such a thing especially out in the open.

"You are a Targaryen, you all are." She answered before turning to look at Visenna and Lucerys as well. "That is all that matters."

♕♕♕

The next day would be the day she had been dreading. Visenna knew there would be a day she would be without her family but she didn't think it would be come so soon. The rumors of the Princess and the hands son had been spread throughout the walls of the castle and Rhaenyra decided it was time to uproot and protect her family. Moving them to her birthright Dragonstone given to her by the King but that move did not include her daughter.

The King wished for Visenna to become his ward and for her to stay in Kings Landing so her and Aemond could continue to grow up together. Viserys also felt his health deteriorating and spending time with his granddaughter made him feel at ease from the pain.

The family had gathered at the dock to farewell the Velaryons as they began to board the ships. Laenor held in tears as he hugged Visenna goodbye. It would be a couple of years before he would see her again and he felt his heartbreaking. He didn't wish to leave her here with the war that was brewing but he could not go against the kings wishes no one could.

"We will meet again my darling." Laenor promised, kissing the top of her head. Visenna nodded sadly and wrapped her arms around him one last time before he boarded the ship. Her little brother Lucerys was a different story he wouldn't let go of his sister even when he was called to board the ship and it made Visenna teary. "I don't want you to stay here."

"I promise I will be okay here. Grandsire will make sure of it, you can write to me and send ravens okay." Visenna said and he nodded finally letting Jace take him onto the boat, he waved to her one last time before disappearing behind the rail.

"I will try visit when I can." It was finally her mothers turn to say goodbye but Visenna's expression had turned blank. What did Rhaenyra expect she had not been paying any attention to her daughter and Visenna had found other people to comfort her. Her own mother was to busy with Ser Harwin, Joffrey or the politics of the realm to even notice Visenna was distancing herself.

"Goodbye mother. I hope you all get to Dragonstone safely." Visenna mumbled letting her mother kiss her cheek before turning to stand next to the Queen who placed a comforting hand on her back.

"She will be perfectly taken care of and safe here, you have my word." Alicent promised Rhaenyra.

"Thank you your Grace." Rhaenyra swallowed, turning she boarded the ship. She turned to look one last time at her daughter but she wasn't even looking at her anymore, her daughter who was now smiling and laughing with her enemy as they walked away to return to the castle.

 She turned to look one last time at her daughter but she wasn't even looking at her anymore, her daughter who was now smiling and laughing with her enemy as they walked away to return to the castle