𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧

Visenna Velaryon did not have a dragon

Visenna Velaryon did not have a dragon. Unlike her brothers Visennas egg had not hatched and no matter what she did to the egg it would not change. Jacerys and Lukes eggs had hatched in their cradles and was already growing like her uncle and aunts.

Rhaenrya and Laenor assured her that she would have a dragon and that the egg would hatch but she just needed to be patient but Visenna was far from patient person and It was driving her mad.

That was why she bonded with Aemond the two Targaryen children with no dragons.

But where they lacked in a dragon the two indulged into their Targaryen family history, learning everything they could. Visenna even began to learn about maester work and often followed them around in the castle.

The two also learnt about Valyria and how to speak the mother tongue of their ancestors. Aemond would often get frustrated when he could not annunciate certain words and Visenna would help in exchange for what he learnt in his sword lessons with Ser Criston Cole.

Even though she didn't have a dragon Rhaenyra insisted her daughter join the boys in the dragonpit to train and learn how to tame the dragons. However Visenna was like her mother when she was a young girl and she could not be told what to. She rarely attended her lessons and often hid until the lessons were over or she would watch from above how the boys tried to give their dragons orders, she didn't see any use of joining in. She could speak fluent Valyrian where her brothers could not and she saw no use learning these things when her dragons egg hadn't hatched. If she did decide to attend it was often towards the end when the dragon tamers had already left the pit like today.

"Have I missed todays lesson already?" Visenna asked innocently strolling in with a smile, her guard following behind her. "I'm sure it was very... interesting."

"Fear not niece it's not like you have a dragon to tame anyway." Aegon replied with a smirk, he took joy in teasing her and his brother about the subject. "That reminded me Aemond, we have a surprise for you." Aegon said placing his arm around his brother.

"What is it?" Aemond asked unsure looking at his brother and nephew.

"Something very special." Lucerys hinted. Visenna watched as her little brother ran into the dragon pit, they were up to something and she didn't like the feeling of what was about to happen.

"Lucerys what are you doing?" She called down to him but he did not respond.

"You're the only one of us apart from Visenna without a dragon and we felt badly about it, so we found one for you." Aegon continued leading him closer the the dragon entrance.

"A dragon? How?" Aemond asked intrigued, the poor boy didn't know what was coming.

"The gods provide." His older brother mused teasingly.

Visenna looked at Aemond sadly when she saw Lucerys running up the steps with a rope in his hand and a pig that had dragon wings attached to its back. Aemonds expression fell when he saw the pig snorting and grunting.