‎ ‎ | SNOW ON THE BEACH.

featuring lana del rey.

wooyoung was in awe. how did he realise that he was in awe, specifically with choi san?

it was all because he attended this random beach volleyball match in the middle of summer with his friend, seonghwa, who only wanted to come because yunho was in it. seonghwa and yunho grew up with each other and therefore, were the best of buds and go to everything the other has on. so that meant that if seonghwa was in a chess match, or whatever, yunho would be there, and if yunho was in a volleyball match, seonghwa would be there.

hence why wooyoung was here right now, his eyes wide open as he stared at the volleyball team crowding around san, whose smile was as bright as the sun above them. wooyoung just simply couldn't take his eyes off of the older, how he scored most of the points in this round, and the one before, which led their school to win the match overall.

all of san's movements were swift and flowing, almost like his body was on autopilot the entire time during the match. it was like—no, this must be what san was made for: volleyball. and wooyoung could tell how much san loved it, too, by the way his face would light up whenever his defence puts the other school off.

by the end of it, yunho was coming over to the pair of friends, along with san, and they were both laughing at something san said. wooyoung felt his cheeks reddening, suddenly conscious of his posture and the way his hair sat after hours of sitting on a bench near the beach. seonghwa saw the way he was and chuckled, "you really like san, don't you?"

"shut up!" wooyoung squeaked, aware of how close yunho and san were compared to them. they'll be here very soon, and wooyoung would be happier if his conversation with seonghwa was not heard by the two volleyball players.

seonghwa grinned, patting wooyoung's shoulder, "i'll introduce you to him if you wanna."

wooyoung was about to protest, claiming that he didn't want to be in a relationship right now when he knew himself that he'd want nothing to be able to be loved by san.

"hwa hyung! thanks for coming!" yunho greeted his childhood friend with a hug, seonghwa chuckling at that and hugging yunho twice as hard. wooyoung smiled at that, hoping that he could have someone to share this relationship with. imagine having someone that could understand you so, so well that you just know what they're thinking — wooyoung would give anything to experience that.

"well, this is kind of awkward," wooyoung heard someone said, and he turned to see san scratching the back of his head, "i would hug you but i don't even know your name."

wooyoung laughed softly, "i'm wooyoung. i like the way you play volleyball. you're great at it."

san beamed, "thanks. actually, you're one of the first people to tell me that."

wooyoung gaped, his eyes blown wide in surprise, "no fucking way! you're, like, the star player of the match just now!"

yunho cleared his throat, looking pointedly at the youngest, "excuse you, wooyoung. i was playing splendidly as well as san was."

"i think different," wooyoung whispered not so discretely to san, making the other let out an airy chuckle. "i like you, wooyoung. can i have your number?"

wooyoung's heart shouldn't be reacting like this. wooyoung's heart shouldn't be feeling like it's on cloud 9, soaring amongst the stars. nonetheless, he kept his expression neutral as he passed his phone to san, who typed in his number and sent a message to himself.

"i'll text you when i get home. c'mon, yun, let's go shower. we fucking stink." san said, clapping the big guy on his back. yunho said something similar to seonghwa, and seonghwa just shook his head, telling him he should shower quickly so they could catch the bus on time. ah, so seonghwa's ditching wooyoung.