‎ ‎ | YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN, KID.

two years later

the black-haired male entered a café, one hand holding his phone and the other clutched around his laptop bag. it wasn't easy being a literature student in snu, and knowing the pressure, he decided to catch up on some work on the weekends when he knew perfectly well that he could've just gone out and hung out with some of his friends from the same faculty.

"hey, wooyoung!" one of the baristas called out, and wooyoung smiled politely. he wasn't that close with suhyeong, but suhyeong makes such a constant effort to greet him every time he stepped into the café it's almost like suhyeong guilt trips him to say hello and start a conversation with him, too.

"are you having the usual, wooyoung ssi?" changyin was the cashier today, and wooyoung always makes sure he's extra soft around her. after seeing her break down because of a rude customer, he promised himself to protect this girl at all cost.

wooyoung hummed, "actually, could i have an oat macchiato today instead?"

"of course!" changyin tapped it into her machine, "any reason for the change?"

wooyoung hesitated, knowing that there was a reason behind the change. instead, he masked his thoughts and just put on his signature smile, "not really. could i have a chicken caesar salad with that?"

changyin nodded, telling him the total amount and wooyoung quickly paid for it. after paying for his meal, he moved over to his usual spot. what's different about this café was the beautiful interior design and the songs that wooyoung always seemed to just enjoy and fit his taste. those were two of the many reasons why wooyoung loved this café and frequented here so much that he's a regular customer now.

the interior was spectacular: it was minimalistic with a wall of arts that were often gifted to them by their customers. the metal chairs and tables reflected the ceiling perfectly, where it was almost plausible to believe that there was no ceiling in this café. the floor was illuminated by a strip of yellow led lights that goes around the entire floorboard, creating the illusion of space in this tiny corner café.

not to mention the great food and the coffee. since the café uses italian coffee beans, the coffee they produce were one of the best wooyoung had ever had. the food was freshly made everyday with new menus coming out every two months, making customers want to come back every now and then to find out what's been added or what's been removed from the menu. wooyoung really had to applaud the owners of the café and their business strategy because, if anything, it was just successful overall.

"what are you working on?" someone asked wooyoung. wooyoung looked up and smiled when he saw hyeju holding his coffee and salad on a tray. hyeju was a girl he met in snu since they joined the dance team together. they only got close after wooyoung realised that hyeju worked in his favourite café, so their monthly chats became a thing for them since the start of the year.

wooyoung shrugged, "lit essays. i just want to kill myself at this point."

hyeju let out an airy laugh, sitting down opposite to wooyoung and didn't care that she was technically still working. "try being a med student. you don't ever get a break."

"what are you doing now, then?" wooyoung retorted, taking a sip from his oat macchiato. it tasted amazing. no wonder san loved it so much.

okay, it had been two years since wooyoung broke up with san, and he had been through one relationship in that span of the two years. there was no doubt that san was completely over him, seeing that he had different relationships in the two years as seen on instagram. yes, seonghwa had scolded wooyoung about how unhealthy it was to still be following your ex on instagram. but in wooyoung's point of view, what's the point of having a private account if not to stalk your ex?