‎ ‎ | KARMA.

to say wooyoung was glad would be an understatement.

after the christmas holidays, san and wooyoung were told to go to the headmistress' office for a chat. at first, the two were terrified, thinking that they must've done something wrong that had led to them needing to have a chat with the highest authority in their school.

but it turned out that the news of the fight between the couple and the basketball team had reached the headmistress' office, and she was determined to get to the bottom of this. so wooyoung and san just told her everything truthfully.

in the end, wooyoung was given three weeks' worth of detention because of how badly suhyeok was hurt during the fight, which was fair enough, given that wooyoung had knuckles full of blood. san, on the other hand, was given one week of detention because he was also a victim here, and given that he didn't really do that much damage on suhyeok, he was let off lightly this time.

although suhyeok was still recovering from his black eye, broken nose and a dislocated collar bone, he was also given three weeks' worth of detention because he not only broke san's nose, he was also the one that started the fight out of nowhere.

"that's so unfair on you, wooyoung," seonghwa frowned when he heard the punishments that were imposed on the two of them, "you were only defending yourself."

wooyoung shrugged, taking a gulp from his water bottle, "i think i deserve it. i did go a bit crazy when he started the fight and everything. plus, he got the karma he deserved."

yeosang smiled, wrapping his arm around wooyoung's shoulders again, only for the younger to glare at him lightly, "well, at least we know that little wooyoungie can fight! god, i'm getting you to follow me everywhere so i don't get hurt at all."

wooyoung rolled his eyes, "haha, very funny, yeo. no, i'm banned from fighting or even, like, physically touching anyone that could be labelled as hostile or i'm getting reported to the police and i'll have to sit through a trial or whatever. i'm just glad that suhyeok didn't want to bring it further than the headmistress."

"but you're a victim here, too!"

"i still fought back," wooyoung said. since his father was a lawyer and all, his father had taught him the laws of self defence ever since he was little so he could minimise the number of troubles he went through, "if suhyeok had punched me first and i punched back, then that would be ruled as self defence. everything after that will be ruled as assault. however, that's not the case and i was the one who threw the punch first, making me the main assaulter in this case. so yeah, i would get into a lot of trouble if suhyeok wanted to bring this to court."

everyone was in awe at how much wooyoung knew. not only did the boy knew about fashion and mending clothes, he also knew about the law and could easily argue his case through something. the boy was something; he was destined for something bigger than him and everyone knew that.

san kissed wooyoung's temple and ruffled his hair softly, making the younger smile affectionately, "you were just protecting me. if only the law could take that into consideration."

"logic before feelings," wooyoung replied, "my father always says that when he's talking about the law. the law is ruthless, it really is."

"okay, this is getting too dark," jongho, yeosang's boyfriend said, "what's everyone's plan for the weekend?"

everyone groaned. since it was after christmas break, most of their time would now be dedicated to their mock exams a few weeks later. jongho's question was just out of line, knowing that everyone had studying to do over the weekend.

it was yeosang who swatted a hand at the back of jongho's head, making the younger wince in slight pain, "asshole. we're all studying, i'm assuming."

yunho and san shook their head, "practices all weekend and next week." yunho then explained that they have the inter-school volleyball preliminary rounds were starting next weekend, so their practices will only increase in number.

wooyoung smiled sadly at san. he noticed how tired san was these days and he can't help but feel bad for the older. san was only working towards his passion and wooyoung admired nothing more than that, but san needed to take a break, too. he needed to take some time off for himself, or he'll destroy himself sooner than later.

"do you wanna come over tonight?" wooyoung asked san, who was looking down at his lover, "we can study a bit together then have a movie night or something. you seem so tired."

san smiled, pecking wooyoung on the cheeks this time, which wooyoung hummed happily at. "i'm sorry, baby, but i have practice after school, too. plus, i have too much work. i don't think i can do that tonight."

wooyoung pouted, "not even an hour? c'mon, sannie, you need to put your wellbeing before anything else."

"oh," san melted at how considerate wooyoung was, and fully kissed him on the lips, "you're too nice, baby. i will, hm? we can facetime or something tonight instead. how does that sound?"

wooyoung nodded half-heartedly. he really wanted to spend some time with san, considering how because of his volleyball practices and wooyoung's detentions had taken up most time of the couple. they haven't been able to properly spend time with each other for two weeks, and wooyoung was starting to feel tired of it. it was almost like san was growing distant in the relationship.

no, that wouldn't be the case.

a fake barf was heard on the table, "yuck. get your sappiness and love off of this table." it was yeosang, who was ducking behind jongho to pretend to vomit from all the disgusting actions of the woosan couple.

san rolled his eyes at his teammate while wooyoung stuck his tongue out, "shut up. you're literally seen kissing jongho everywhere in school. in some ways, you're worst than us."

yeosang held onto his heart as if he'd been hit by a bullet, "oh, spare me the harshness of your words! how could you be so mean, wooyoungie? i thought we were friends!"

wooyoung didn't even spare a second before walking over to yeosang, playfully wrapping his arms around yeosang's neck to pretend he was embracing the older when he was really trying to strangle the other, "we are, but after this we won't be."

yunho widened his eyes in horror but soon relaxed when he realised that wooyoung was really joking. yeosang was faking his loss of breath, even after wooyoung finally released his arms from yeosang's neck. everyone on the table was laughing, both at yeosang's dramatic ass and wooyoung's joking manner.

san just smiled, enjoying how his friends truly loved wooyoung's presence within their friend group. there was no denying it: san was in love with the younger to the point where he was willing to do anything for wooyoung. if wooyoung told him to jump, he'd do that. if wooyoung told him to skip school, he would. if wooyoung told him to run away with him, he'd run away with him. there was nothing san loved more than wooyoung and he only hoped that wooyoung felt the same about him, too.

wooyoung felt someone staring at him and when he saw that someone was san, he smiled back at san. "what?"

san wrapped his arms around wooyoung's waist and pulled him onto his lap, "i love you, wooyoung."

wooyoung chuckled, turning around slightly to kiss san, "i love you too, sannie."

"i'm so happy when i'm with you. no, actually, i'm the happiest when i'm with you."

"me too, sannie. i love you to bits."

short but sweet heh

for those confused as to how this relates to the song 'karma', this chap really looks at the deeper meaning of the song rather than the surface meaning. i've read somewhere that the deeper meaning of the song is about how you're so happy with your life right now you wouldn't change a single thing even if you could. and that's woosan in this chap<3

also would u believe that my school wifi had blocked wattpad. like what about wattpad is harmful????