| PARIS.

(takes place between maroon and karma - during christmas holidays)

san was standing under an umbrella, the unforgiving january weather raining down on him. it wasn't even forecasted to rain today, but san was lucky that his mother forced an umbrella into his bag before he left for his date. this was the only time san will thank his mother, and knowing her, she'd probably pester him on and on about it even if months had passed since.

he felt a smile etching itself onto his face, just thinking about what he and wooyoung would be doing during the day. after dinner, he'd probably stay over wooyoung's since his parents were out on a short trip to wooyoung's grandparents. wooyoung decided not to go with them because he'll see them anyway in a few months when it's their annual family gathering, so he'll spend christmas holiday in seoul, with san.

"hey!" san heard his favourite voice, lifting his head up and smiled at the sight of wooyoung shielding his eyes from the rain as he ran towards the older boy. san instinctively held his umbrella out so that wooyoung could get some shelter as soon as possible. "jesus, someone didn't come prepared." san teased.

wooyoung rolled his eyes and started ruffling his hair, causing water droplets to fly everywhere and, specifically but definitely not intentionally, san's face. san scrunched his face at the ice cold water droplets that just attacked him constantly while wooyoung laughed at his face. people who were just passing by would probably think they're two very weird teenagers, but to them, they were in their own little capsule of the world where no one could disturb them.

they were in their own little paris, their own little world of romance and of each other.

"so, where should we go?" wooyoung asked. san did originally have a whole day planned ahead for them, but seeing that the weather was absolutely horrible, he'd want nothing more than to get indoors and spend the rest of the afternoon indoors and only going out when necessary.

san was thinking of places they could go when he suddenly realised. "oh my gosh! we're near this pop-up museum that'll only last for the holidays. should we just go and take a look? it's indoors anyway, so we won't get wet."

wooyoung shrugged. he hooked his arms around san's biceps, smiling cheekily up at this boyfriend, "lead the way, sannie."

so the couple walked towards the museum, talking about anything and everything on the way there.

when they got to the museum, it wasn't that full. there were different displays of contemporary art and even some interactive displays, wooyoung's eyes glowing at all the things they could do. there was this one section of just projected patterns that will truly engulf you into the world of art and colours.

the entire exhibition was amazing, and even though it was quite similar to any interactive exhibition in the world, it still felt special to the couple because the spent the day together there. nothing could ever beat that, and the two left with the biggest smiles on their faces.

"where to next?" san asked, and wooyoung just led him somewhere. san had no idea where the younger was leading him, but the scenery along the way was pretty. it was the second day of the new year, so the streets were still covered with christmas decorations and also new year celebrations, with some 'happy new year' signs still up and celebrating the new year.

the breeze carried them from one place to another, and before both of them knew it, wooyoung had brought them to the seoul tower. san was confused; this was such a touristy spot that it always scared him away because of the amount of people that would just ask him weird questions about seoul. like, yes, he's been living here since he was born and no, he's not mixed, he just learnt his english from school.

"why're we here?" san questioned, still frowning when wooyoung dragged him up towards the platform that brought them up to the actual tower itself. san was going to ask again, but seeing how jumpy and giddy wooyoung was, san couldn't bring himself to destroy that happiness. so he just shut up, took out his phone and snapped a few pictures of his gorgeous boyfriend.

"hey!" wooyoung protested, trying to reach for san's phone but when the older boy pulled it up and backwards, wooyoung could not reach it whatsoever. san just laughed at the cutest tactics wooyoung would do to try and get those photos deleted, but what he didn't expect was wooyoung pulling him on the collar and meet their lips together in the middle.

they obviously didn't care about the entire tram that was just probably staring at the two boys kissing out of nowhere. straight couples do this all the time, why do people stare only when two boys or girls do this? it made no sense. so they just kept it to themselves and allowed themselves to enjoy the time and each other.

without san noticing, wooyoung had managed to grab his phone and when they broke away from the kiss, wooyoung happily waved san's phone in front of san's face. san was just smiling at him, eyes twinkling with joy as he watched wooyoung turn the camera settings to selfie mode and took a few goofy photos of them.

as they arrived at the tower, wooyoung held onto san's hand and san interlocked their fingers together, not wanting to lose wooyoung in the crowd of people. considering that it was the second day of the new year, there weren't actually that much people. san would've expected so much more, and of course, he was glad that there weren't that many people.

"c'mon, we're nearly there, sannie." wooyoung gestured, tugging onto san's hand to tell him to hurry up. together, they squeezed through the crowd and when wooyoung finally halted to a stop, san raised his head from the ground and his jaw dropped when he realised where they were.

it was the famous locks of love, where couples wrote their names on heart-shaped lockets and locked it onto the fence, confessing their undying love for each other.

"woo-"

"i know." wooyoung led them to a more secluded area and held both of san's hands in his own, "okay, i know we aren't, like, gonna last forever. we both know that. but i still wanna do this. sannie, you're always going to be special to me. i don't care if we end up arguing and parting our ways or we end up together forever, but i wanna do this because you'll always be the one for me. you're the right person for me. sannie, you're my soulmate."

san smiled. he wrapped his arms around wooyoung's waist and pulled him close, kissing him on the forehead and letting the wind just sway them side by side. because of the way they held onto each other, they couldn't feel the chill of the early january air. instead, they just felt each other's warmth. they just felt each other.

san felt wooyoung taking something out from his tote bag and chuckled when he saw a heart-shaped locket and a sharpie. "you came here prepared, didn't you?"

wooyoung grinned, "weren't you the one that said i came here unprepared?"

the two laughed at their little inside joke. together, they wrote down their initials — 'c.sn + j.wy' — onto the locket, the date, and they found an empty spot to lock their locket, telling the rest of the world that even if they do separate at one point in life, they'll always belong to each other anyway. even though they're no longer in love with the other, they were in love once upon a distant time.

that no matter what, choi san and jung wooyoung were soulmates. and nothing can change that.

[END.]