‎ ‎ | LABYRINTH.

two years later

how did he even fall in love with her? it didn't make sense at all; shouldn't he still be broken, wondering how could someone love him at all?

san tried to make sense of his new found epiphany about himself that just didn't make sense. he was walking and walking after his gym session when he saw this cute corner café, intrigued by the aroma that drifted with the light august breeze as people exited and entered the café. the song playing inside was interesting too. san only knew a couple of classical songs, and it just so happened to be playing the one he and wooyoung danced to in the christmas ball.

so he walked in, and he would not believe who he set his eyes on first.

it was him.

it was jung wooyoung, sitting right there as he was trying to ignore his friend — girlfriend, perhaps? — who was sitting opposite to him.

san quickly looked away, knowing that he wouldn't be able to do so if wooyoung looked at him at all. he wasn't over him yet, but there was only a little bit of feelings left. san didn't think he'd ever be able to truly get over wooyoung, and he felt like that's okay. as long as he's not running back to wooyoung, begging him to get back with him, then that's fine.

plus, san had met yujin, this really cute girl that went to the same faculty as he does in university. although he did go to university in incheon, he frequented seoul just to meet up with yunho and yeosang occasionally, and also go to the gym here since he got the membership when he left high school without knowing which university he was going to go to.

anyway, back to yujin. san had no idea how he even fell in love in the first place. it felt weird and unreal. falling in love with wooyoung took no effort at all — it was natural and easy coming. it was like san just knew, he just knew that he'd fall in love with wooyoung the moment he saw him. there was no hesitation and no worries whatsoever. with wooyoung, it felt like he was going to conquer the whole motherfucking world.

it was a beautiful and silly feeling, but san loved it either way.

perhaps it was because he fell in love with wooyoung when he was young, when he had no fear and when he had no real responsibility except for being on time for his classes and his volleyball team practices. that was all he worried about, not about dorm fees and gym membership fees. now, falling in love seemed childish and fairytale like. san no longer had the same belief about love like he did before.

"one cold caramel macchiato to go!" the barista called out. san went forward to grab it, thanking him and exiting the café, not wanting to turn around to even spare a glance at wooyoung, knowing that it'll only hurt more that way.

san was in a labyrinth of his own feelings. he had no idea how to feel about yujin asking him out last tuesday, and he had no idea how he felt, really, about her. sure, he does love her, but does he love her to the level where he loved wooyoung? did he really?

is it really love if he still thinks about wooyoung anyway?

san was startled by his own ringtone, jumping a bit and received a few pointed glances from people. he glared back at them, not understanding why he was judged at all. he picked up the call without knowing who it was, but when he heard the honey sweet voice on the other side, he instinctively smiled.

"hey, yujin." he replied, taking a sip from his drink. ooh, it's quite nice. "any reason why you're calling me on a sunday?"

a scoff was heard from yujin, "pft, do i need a reason to call you? i was just wondering if you're still up for the movie i suggested next weekend? i get it if you don't wanna watch it — marvel's not everyone's cup of tea anyway — so i was just gonna ask my friends if they wanna go instead. uh, yeah! so, are you coming with me or do i have to ask my friends?"

san smiled. he looked up at the sky and saw how pretty the sky looked. okay, call him a romantic, but everything seemed to be going so well today. it was amazing. he could feel the flutter of his heart and the twisting of his stomach: all positive signs of him falling in love.

it was bad, san knew, but at least he was feeling this for someone else. it's all just a process of healing, and san was reaching the end of it. he was glad. he was happy with this.

"hello? san?"

"oh, yeah!" san said a little bit too enthusiastically, drawing a melodic laugh from yujin, "i'll come with you. i just watched the trailer yesterday and it looks really good."

a squeal. "oh my god, i know right! i mean, i'm just sad that chadwick boseman isn't gonna be in it, but we all knew he wasn't going to. but also, who do you think is gonna be black panther? i honestly think it's gonna be nakia because shuri doesn't look like she has the body for that — don't get me wrong, i love letitia wright but it really didn't look like her in the trailer. but then, it would make more sense for shuri to take over since she's the sister and doesn't black panther get, like, passed down through the family? so shuri has a—"

a pause and san just smiled goofily at himself. yujin chuckled to herself, "shit, you don't know marvel. san, how could you?!"

"in my defence, okay, i was a dc fan growing up."

"oh, you actual betrayer! i'm going to teach you everything marvel on saturday. saturday, 11 am. i'll meet you at the cinema and i can explain everything to you while we grab some lunch before watching the movie. how does that sound?"

san hummed. his cheek was getting tired from smiling too much. his mind was getting filled with everything that could happen on saturday, and he couldn't stop the increasing heartbeat at all.

"it's a date," he replied, "i'll buy the tickets. any preferences for seats?"

yujin let out an airy laugh, "not really, but it would be great if it's in the middle of the cinema."

"everyone wants those seats, you idiot." san scolded playfully, and yujin only laughed harder, "that's the point! anyway, i really look forward to saturday."

san chuckled lightly, "you and i both, yujin. i'll talk to you later. bye."

he hung up after yujin said 'bye' back, and he placed his phone back into his back pocket. san smiled. he really was healing. this was great.

lol uh this is the last
chapter of the book.

i rly don't know how to say this but like there
won't be an epilogue this time because
it's based on an album, if it makes sense?
i don't have any other songs
to write to — i wrote all thirteen of them!
i really hope that you enjoyed this book,
i loved writing this and also loved
projecting myself onto different characters.
i hoped you loved this book, too,
and i really do apologise for
the occasional short chapters.

also could you tell i'm a
marvel geek ahahahahaha.

i'll hopefully see u all in my next book.

until then,
natalie <3