Chapter Two

"So how does one train a night fury? Or a similar dragon?" Heather looked at Hiccup. Fishlegs was quick to turn his gaze to the young leader. He was the only one with a night fury. Hiccup gulped, this wasn't a night fury, and it could be weary of humans, too, more so than Toothless had been.

"By making it known, you are not a treat," Hiccup replied, making his way slowly toward the black dragon who was eyeing Toothless. The fury didn't care that the dragon before him wasn't a night fury. But at least he could be the closest thing to it. The black dragon looked around the area. 'Where had the human gone?' The dragon thought to itself. He looked at Toothless and let out a low growl. The night fury growled back, lowing his ears slightly, before looking around the area.

The Light Fury saw Hiccup; he walked over to him, lowing his head, sniffing him curiously. He tilted his head as if in thought; Hiccup didn't dare to move. The last thing wanted to do was spook the dragon. "Hey there," The dragon sat down, his tail wagging. He tilted his head and stuck his tongue out.

Hiccup looked at the dragon. He was to say lost, but he slowly raised his hand to the dragon. The dragon saw his movement before putting his hand under the extended hand, letting out a loud purr before going close to the teen, rubbing himself in a very dog-like way to get more pats. Hiccup smiled. "You want Pats?" He started to scratch the dragon gently; the dragon purred and rolled onto his back for belly scratches.

Hiccup looked at the dragon; he wasn't sure what was happening; he went to his knees and patted the dragon's chest. "You are one strange dragon," He spoke carefully to him. The other two went over. "Well, He belongs to someone."

"Agreed, but who?" Fishlegs said, going over to them to check the dragon, but the dragon just wanted to be patted. He was enjoying the attention.

"Hiccup, have you ever met a dragon, even if trained, like this?" Heather questioned; Toothless was getting jealous and went to his rider and snuggled into him for the pats.

Hiccup let out a laugh. "Alright; bud will pat you too," Hiccup told him. "Honestly, No, his almost dog-like nature" The dragon looked at him and gave him a snort. "I am not saying that is a bad thing!! It's just weird," The dragon snorted, rolling onto his back. "What? Dragons are meant to.." Toothless hit him in the head with his tail. "Hey!" The dragon snorted at him. "Where is your rider?" He questioned

The dragon looked around, lowing his ears, giving them a sad look. "How about we find them together" Heather looked at the leader. The dragon nodded his head, making a smile.

"He can understand dragons, right??" She questioned Fishlegs.

"Yeah, I don't talk to dragons, just I understand night furies and whatever he is, apparently, Fishlegs, any ideas?"

"Well, he a new species," He started; Hiccup got to his feet, "Maybe a subspecies of the night fury? We need to go through the dragon's eye, back on edge; maybe that will tell us what he is. Or maybe we discovered a brand new species!! OH, this is so exciting!!!" He cheered.

"We are getting Hicclegs geek out later, aren't see?" Heather questioned; neither of the boys said anything, only looked at one other. Hiccup wanted to learn more about this dragon, and there was no doubt Fishlegs would too. "But first, we need to find his rider" She patted them on the back. "Come on"

OoO

Astrid, the twins, and Snotlout were nearing the dragon hunter ship. It wasn't moving, only gently flowing in the wave's currents. "This isn't right," She spoke; she could feel something wasn't right. "Stay here; I will go down and check things out," She told them.

She rattled the Nadder, making her go down to the ship, having just above. She jumped offer her dragon, axe in hand, she carefully walked towards the entrance to the lower deck. She was Making her way down to the lower deck where the dragons were kept.

She stopped when she saw twenty men lying on the ground unconscious, blood coming from their bodies. They could be dead. She saw Viggo treating one of his men. He looked up; he was done for the day; he didn't have the man to deal with the riders, not today. He got to his feet " Astrid? Let me guess; you want the dragons, take them. as you can see, my man has been taken out."

"Awe, someone beat us to it," Tuffnut whined, "I know, right? They took all the fun," his sister said shortly afterward; Astrid gave an annoyed look.

"So, Let me get this straight, someone attacked the ship and left the dragons?" Snotlout asked shortly. Astrid stared at them, she told them to wait for her, but here they are.

"They only took the Light Fury; something about owing it one," Viggo replied. "Remind me not to get on the wrong side of Hiccup's brother again." He walked over to the lever that opened the gates at once.

"Hunter?" Astrid's eyes went, as did the riders. "Sorry, but he died when we were eight years old."

"Well, He did this," Viggo told him, "Who supposedly killed him, may I ask?" hand on the lever.

"I don't know, sparrow or something," Snotlout replied, "Wait, are you giving us the dragons."

"That explains a lot," Viggo muttered. "Yes, as you can see, I have no resources to deal with you today" He pulled the lever up, and the gates opened; the dragons didn't take long to take off of the ship, pushing the four out of the way. "I will give you kids a piece of advice, don't trust the kid, no matter who he is; no piss off; I have things to do."

The four riders headed outside to their dragons waiting on the ship; they mounted them, "let's go meet up with the others," Astrid spoke up.

"We are going to have to tell him," Ruffnut said. "It doesn't matter who these sparrows are; hiccup needs to know."

"Which will put him in danger; let me handle this; not a word to Hiccup! Got it!" she threatened them, and they nodded, looking at one other.

AN: Another chapter for you all :) What will Astrid do, and you meet Nightlight :) He is a bean; if anyone hates him, I will put my dragons onto you!!

Remember to comment!! Feedback helps!! And comment with any suggestions or thoughts for fun. Who knows, I might add it. Yeah, this is thought out. It's not, lol

~SoulFury