Chapter Five

The night fury rider made his way to the clubhouse, and he took a deep breath. He took a final look at his hut. It was closer here than it would have been to take him to berk. He couldn't help but think of what had happened. His mind seemed to want to tell him what he saw wasn't true.

He went inside the clubhouse, and the riders stopped whatever they were doing and looked at him. "Guessing by the fact you're alone, you didn't convince him to come back here with you" Astrid was more than relieved; the last thing they needed was a known assassin.

"Not exactly; he unconscious in my hut," He spoke up. "I thought it would be better than riding half a day to berk, and I sent a letter to berk."

"What happened?" Fishlegs was concerned, "I should go and make sure there was no real damage" The husky teen got to his feet.

"We counted the death song. He went into a rock and knocked him out," Hiccup explained; he earned a nod from the husky teen, who headed out of the clubhouse, climbing onto his dragon.

"You think it's a good idea to bring him Here?" Astrid questioned him; Hiccup made an uncertain noise.

"I wasn't going to leave him there, Astrid. He is my brother, but that wouldn't have mattered; he would have been defenseless and not to mention unconscious." Hiccup pointed out; she went quiet. He turned to Heather. "How much on the sparrows do you know? I know they are assassins, and according to Hunter, they are young," He explained. "Do they have abilities?"

"Not a lot. They are very secretive; I know they are dangerous assassins. Abilities? I never heard of that one before," She spoke. "Why?"

"Hunter, he could move at high speeds and teleport, I think? Maybe I just saw things. His eyes glowed red when he did. And his voice went demonic." He explained to them.

"Are you sure? That would be impossible, sure we haven't seen Hunter in thirteen years, but he couldn't do that?" Snotlout tried to remember his cousin.

"I can confirm that he wasn't able to do that," Hiccup commented to his cousin, "I owe him one anyways, and I get to tell the day I was right. I knew he was alive."

"Twinsernition!!" The twins shouted. "Ohh dear Hiccup, we are right; we have a physic link," Tuffnut grinned.

"Physic? I don't think, I guess I had a gut feeling he was alive, but no proof" He looked back at Heather. "What else do you know about the Sparrows?"

"Well, I know, they are named after animals, and they have masks," She spoke up. "They never leave anyone alive except when the person comes to a sparrow; if we think of your brother and another person who wasn't killed, they may know more than I do. I met them once; they helped me out with a few things. So I kinda owe them one," She admitted.

"Does this person have a name?" Astrid questioned.

"Well, they never told me their real name, only made me call them Twitch," She explained. "They were only interested in one of the Sparrows, The White Coyote" She looked at them. "No idea why; I heard stories of that one, and out of them, he the worst and the most deadly." She explained to them. "I only heard stories of them, but who knows how much is true."

"Ohh, it's probably true, but I have to disagree, with him being the deadliest, sorry" They turned to see the albino teen. Heather looked at him, raising an eyebrow at him.

"You're a Sparrow; this could be interesting; who do you believe to be the deadliest?" She questioned as Fishlegs came running inside the clubhouse.

"He moves fast for a blind guy" He took a deep breath.

"Not blind," Hunter spoke up, "I know albinos get that reputation; I can see you just all colorful blurry figures and blogs" He grinned slightly; he turned to look at Heather. "I Don't think we meet; I'm Hunter," they spoke.

She looked at him; he was way too calm for her liking; it was unsettling, "Heather," She introduced. "So, who is the deadliest Sparrow" He held his wristband in his left hand. Hiccup noticed.

"That would have to be Trick the Fox," He spoke. "But we called him Foxie," He spoke. "While yes, the coyote had skills of an assassin and had an uneasiness around him, never trust a trickster, especially one who creates illusions," He told them.

"You knew them, didn't you?" Hiccup spoke.

"Well, yeah, I thought that was obvious; I could be wrong. I know all the Sparrows and who is who," He told them. "Though I will admit you didn't want the Fox and Coyote to work together" He shrugged. "The Fox is dead anyways, so you don't need to worry about them" Hiccup watched his brother closely. He took a deep breath.

"On Melody Island, how did you do that?" Hiccup asked; he watched as Hunter stiffened up his shoulders. Before he turned away and walked out of the clubhouse. Hiccup followed him out. "Hunter."

"Don't; I don't want to talk about it," He spoke softly. "Frankly, my head is pounding from being slammed into a rock, not to mention being knocked out by gas and feel out of the sky, so my day has been peachy," He told him. "I should probably leave"

"No, you shouldn't; you need to rest, dad; Gothi is coming to have a better look over your injuries. And Gobber, I need to get him to help me look over your weapon."

"Why? It's a staff?"

"That is no ordinary staff," Hiccup spoke up " Look, when I picked it up, I felt weaker" Hunter looked at him in deep thought.

"Ohh... those bastards, Smart though I give him that" Hunter bit his lip in thought. "Explains a lot."

"It Does??"