Chapter 12: Are You Gay?

A/N: Oct 22 2022

Hey everyone! New update of TWA :) On a side note, some pretty exciting news! The sequel of YOLO has just been published as a paperback. If you'd like to add it to your bookshelf, you can click the link in my Wattpad bio. You'll get to learn more about Killian and read in his pov :)

 You'll get to learn more about Killian and read in his pov :)

An excerpt:

QUESTION: what are you dressing up for Halloween? If you celebrate it?

Also posted an exclusive chapter of The Writer's Assistant on Patreon if you ever want to check it out ;)

✏✏✏

"I think I just fell in love."

Oliver's words replayed in my head all night.

What did he mean by that? Was that his way of saying he appreciated me? He did have a particular way of seeing the world... Maybe it applied to the way he communicated his thoughts. It bothered me all night, and my alarm went off when I was about to fall asleep. I got up and prepared for work. Today was Oliver's big day. We were going to be aired live. Camila freaked out in the e-mail she sent me last night, saying that the last time Oliver did a live interview, he asked the host if he liked avocados or if he'd ever tried watermelon with salt. The best type of interviews for someone like Oliver was pre-filmed ones where the studio producers and Oliver's manager could edit the video.

Camilia managed to negotiate and asked the host if we could have some of the questions in advance to prepare Oliver. They agreed to give us a couple of questions saying that it wouldn't be convincing to the audience if we prepared and memorized them. It was better than nothing, and Camilia sent me the PDF file asking if I could prepare it with Oliver on the way to the studio, but I wasn't sure if he'd agree. Plus, I think he was still mad that I tricked him into going to a barbershop.

I drove to Oliver's place and knocked on the door. I was prepared to see Oliver in his perfectly tailored suit and meticulous hair.

He might look gorgeous, but don't look surprised. He's your boss, so you need to be professional. Don't panic, Daniel, you'd already seen him in a suit yesterday. Don't you dare have another gay panic for a straight man. No, sir, not this time, absolutely–

The door opened, and my smile dropped almost immediately. I mentally prepared myself to see Oliver wearing a dashing suit. Oliver was not wearing a suit. In fact, he was not wearing anything at all. His entire torso was bare and glistening in sweat. He had a white towel hanging over his broad shoulder, and the waistband of his sweatpants was soaked in a darker grey. He must have gone to his gym because his chest and shoulder blades looked sturdier and plumper. My eyes trailed down the veins in his arms and stopped at his v-cut abs. He ran a hand through his wet hair to slick it back, his biceps strengthening at the movement. I gulped.