Chapter 25: A Quickie

A/N: April 2, 2023

Hello everyone! Double update 🤩 (The last chapter is an exclusive chapter)

April is my birthday month, so all my paperbacks will be on sale until the end of the month :) You can find them on Amazon, the link is in my bio.

Do you guys have any plans for the summer?? I'll probably be working all summer 🥲

Question: Do you believe in astrology? What signs do you like and dislike (if you have any)?

✏️✏️✏️

I got a call from Camilia, Oliver's editor. Oliver had sent her some drafts and was writing again, and Camilia was thrilled to finally continue editing the story she said he'd given up on.

But whenever we had a meeting or interview, Oliver ignored his car keys and took public transportation. I was starting to get busy with his emails and phone calls, booking different interviews and meeting to prepare for his release date. Even if it was in a few months, we needed to get the word out as quickly as possible. But due to my busy schedule, I couldn't always accompany him. It was starting to get dangerous for Oliver to leave his house without any protection. People would recognize him in a heartbeat and ask for photos and autographs. There were also many rumors about him and Tina dating.

"He needs to learn how to drive," Camilia stated when I stopped by her office to tell her how Oliver had been doing.

"He knows how to drive but doesn't like it."

"Yes, but his safety is in jeopardy. People might stalk or follow him on the bus, and Oliver isn't a fan of social interaction. What if he panics and throws a donut at someone?"

I opened my mouth to argue, but with Oliver, anything was possible.

"He might come off as rude or arrogant, and his fans will post things online and try to cancel him. Cancel culture is real, babe, and we need to protect Oliver at all costs. We just started getting attention after his burnout, and the world is buzzing about him. We can't lose this golden opportunity. He needs to drive without having a panic attack."

I pursed my lips. "Does he really hate driving because of the car crash?"

"He was in the car when his best friend died. He blames himself."

"The one who went to the military for?"

She nodded solemnly and said, "It wasn't his fault. It was a rainy day, and a truck crashed into them. Only one of them survived, and Oliver carries the guilt when he knows it wasn't his fault. His PTSD has gotten better. He can drive but won't do it unless it's urgent, and he takes special medication."

"What if we hire a chauffeur?" I suggested. I didn't want to force Oliver to drive when it was already hard for him. You couldn't cure trauma in a heartbeat.

"Can we at least try to help him?" She frowned. "I don't mind hiring a chauffeur, but I don't think the chauffeur will be able to handle him."

"What do you mean?

"Oliver has the tendency to do what he wants. If he sees a donut shop, he'll go to one. Even on a tight schedule."

"So?" I asked slowly.

"So, the chauffeur's job is to drive him around, not take care of him. They'll do whatever Oliver says, and he'll be late for his appointments. Oliver will wander around the city, and the next thing you know, he'll end up in Alaska waddling with penguins!"