ℝ𝕖𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝔸𝕥 𝕀𝕥'𝕤 𝔽𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕥 [𝕀𝕍]

ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕀𝕍: ℚ𝕦𝕚𝕖𝕥 𝔸𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕 𝕤𝕖𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕤𝕡𝕚𝕟 𝕚𝕟 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕖, a throbbing pulse echoed in the quiet void that would hurt all over. Sounds came in with an annoying ringing, the buzzing of powered lights and the pitter-patters of liquid dripping from a distant faucet where the only thing you could hear, leaving you to wished you could plug up your ears and go back to sleep in silence. That is if you had any ears to begin with, after all this inky body was still full of mysteries for yourself.

"There we are, all patched up. Let's hope you make a swift recovery."

A voice broke through from your quiet darkness, making you tense in fear as to who that could have been. In all the time you've been here, a voice was deemed as a bad thing; Especially after that mad woman you had first encountered, you couldn't trust a single soul that spoke. But what confused you more was that there was no ill intention in their words, rather they were calming and almost sincere. 

Not only that, but from the sounds of it, they had just helped you, not hurt you.

You stayed still, slowing your breathing to help disguise yourself as still sleeping. Not long, their footsteps started getting closer before something cold touches your head. The back of their hand was resting on your face as they were feeling something, hissing in pain when they brushed over the bump you had. The thudding got stronger after that touch, tears welling up in your eyes as the pain was unbearable. With a slow, groggy whine, you slowly opened your tired eyes and spotted the blurry figure looming over you. An older gentleman, with hair that was messy and his clothing in shambles and ink stained. The man himself looked tired himself, yet he matched the theme of the studio pretty well, clothes fitting that sepia-colored film and hard drawn lines, just more human looking then toon if anything.

'Was he another toon like you?' Almost like that angel woman, you could think before you started shivering on the spot, blinking your beady pie-cut eyes free of tears as you let out a series of small whines and chirps. He was caught off guard, almost like he wasn't expecting you to wake up so soon or to make a sound. "H-Hey- calm down little guy. I'm not here to hurt you, I am helping you in fact." He whispered quietly before looking behind him, almost like he expected something to come up from behind him from all the noise you were making. Scared, you only covered your sobbing mouth with your gloved hands but the tears didn't stop flowing. Everything hurt still, your head felt like it was gonna explode, your limbs hurt from fatigue after the amount of running you've been doing the past hours, days. Time was irrelevant here.

"There there, you're safe now. You don't need to worry, I promise that I'll watch after you for a while longer. You need some rest, little guy, then I'll tell you what happened." Calmly, the man started grooming your small inky head, making sure to avoid the bruised bump you had and instead opted to comb your hair with his fingers. It reminded you of how Edgar would pet you when you woke up from a nightmare, like a mom would comfort her child. Sniffling and slowly nodding off, you could only think about how nice this man was being. From the gentle words he shared to the small touches, he made an effort to calm your racing, inky heart. Eyes fluttering close, the pain you felt almost seemed to lighten as sleep over took you. The last thing you saw was his smiling face and tired, old eyes.

'Just who was that and why did he look at me so warmly... I liked it'

'Don't Be Scared.'