Chapter 10

Sherzai Haveli was decorated Like a new bride standing tall between the mountains... it's strong walls were protecting everyone from the storms of desert....

For the people outside it felt like some kind of happiness was blooming there but for the people inside it was yet another painful blow that they had to endure without saying anything

In mid of all the chaos a soul hiding in the dark lonely corner of the Haveli was still struggling to shred the pain away from her heart...

It was like nothing worked at this point...she tried everything from being strong to begging in front of people she did it all but now she was thrown away to the dead end were she was helpless...

Taking the glass of water in her trembling hands she looked towards it for one last time before throwing it away without even flinch for a second...it was like her body and her senses has already become numb to any pain....

Stumbling down on the floor between the mess she took the broken piece in her hand and looked towards it for a moment...

Tere muhabat ko khud pa lazim kar diya...

Aye Bint e dil hum na khud tujh ko harf e ahir kar diya....

Holding it tightly in her hand she brought it closer to her wrist closing her eyes waiting for the pain to end as soon as possible....

But someone yanked it away from her making her stumble back as she opened her eyes looking at the person in front of her with accusing eyes...

"Ziyaaa.... kya kar rahi...ho...mujha pa aisa zulm tu na karo..."Sassi cried glaring at her making her whimper..

"Tumha kuch ho gaya tu main khud ko maaf kaisa karun gi...main Sameer ko kya jawab dun gi..."Sassi shook her shoulders as she numbly stared at her without saying anything...

"Mujha...mujha dar lag raha hai Jaana...mera Sameer...ab mera nahi raha ga...main kisi aur ko uska haq kaisa de dun..."she cried hugging her tightly Crying on her fate...

"Par tum ya apni jaan lana ka gunnah bhi nahi kar sakti na... Ziya meri jaan Sameer ki qurbani ko yun zaya tu na karo... agar tumha kuch ho gaya tu duniyan ko ya kon batai ga ek Sameer tha jis na zulm ka hilaf apni jaan tak de di..."cupping her face Sassi looked into her glossy eyes.....

For them Sameer was not just a name or a person from their past...he was part of their existence...he was Sameer who fought for their rights...who stood for them when no one else did...he gave them a shoulder to cry when they needed it the most....

"Hamain hi tu Sameer ka naam ko is duniyan main pehchan deni hai...sab ko batana hai hamara ik muhafiz tha...jo sach ka liya duniyan sa ladh gaya...