When You Try Your Best But You Don't Succeed

A/N: So I haven't updated in a long while and I am sorry for that. I do have plans for the coming chapters, I promise I am not leaving this fic. The picture above is an amazing drawing by one of you- sadly it has been so long that I cannot for the life of me find who sent it to me. I promised to feature it and here it is- if you can come forward I will edit this and tag you!

----

While Percy and Bucky were off on their own mission, Tony whirled into action. Natasha and Clint were working with Peter and Shuri (Bruce was with Thor, departing for Asgard), giving the two the information that Percy had told them about her vitals when she originally had the Achilles Curse so that the two little geniuses could parse out nutrition for her along with a patch of nano-tech vibranium that Percy could program to cover her vulnerable 'heel' that would cloak itself so that no one could sense it and thus discover the weak point.

Tony called up some of his portable holo-screens, projected by some small projectors that actually were similar to the Wakandan kimoyo beads but were a bit larger and were made from his nano-bots not made of vibranium that he had worked up on his own without seeing anything Wakandan. Great minds think alike after all. He was pulling up countless superheroes and started to make some calls, knowing that the final battle was coming; the one that he had predicted and told others about was about to crash about their ears even though for a long time many denied it. But he was ready, he had compiled great lists of people around the world that would come together to protect the Earth that they lived on.

Groups were contacted the Defenders, the X-Men, Fantastic Four, Excalibur from Britain, Alpha Flight from Canada, the People's Defense Force from China, Metahumans and Inhumans from around the world. Tony sent out requests for the Guardians to contact the Annihilators who lived on Knowhere along with the Nova Corps, Steven Strange so he could altert all of the sorcerors around the world, and for Fury to ping Captain Marvel, whom Rhodey had met in the Air Force before Carol's transformation. He and Tony had become fast friends with the woman as Tony had sent care packages and Rhodey offered his new friend to meet his brother in all but blood. (And Tony knew of Fury's little pager and adventure in the 90's as he had combed through SHIELDS servers and had often cat sat Goose when she showed up on his doorstep randomly as he was one of the very few people that Carol's alien feline liked.)

He also reached out to non-group affiliated heroes such as Hope van Dyne, Ghost Rider, and Venom and Eddie Brock, Moon Knight and the Scarlet Scarab, a girl called the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, La Aguila from Spain, Arabian Night from Saudi Arabia, Blitzkrieg from Germany, Collective Man from China, Defensor from Argentina, Le Peregrine from France, Sabra from Israel, Shamrock from Ireland, and Talisman, an Aboriginal Australian sorcerer. Countless others were contacted, heroes from Africa, all across Asia, Europe, Russia, South America, Oceania, Antarctica, Australia, Canada and more.

Hell, he even reached out to 'evil' groups to see if they would help, like the Brotherhood of Mutants, the Outlaws, the Hellfire Club from Britain, and the Hand from Japan. He even contacted that weird Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin, and Mysterio (whose background is that of the comics not the stupid let's blame Tony train that people in the MCU tend to default to) that he had started seeing stirrings of. Governments that needed to be contacted he left to Fury and Coulson and those at SHIELD, busy as he was trying to contact all of these superheroes and villains to help and that this was a real threat, while also reassuring them that he wasn't going to recruit them to a shady governmental organization or turn anyone in. This was an all hands on deck situation.

Natasha had taken Thor aside in order to have him contact Chiron in the way that he could as a God. The demigods of both camps needed to mobilize as well.

Everyone needed to be prepared for this invasion, but it was like that saying hurry up and wait. It meant get ready and be prepared because its better to be fully prepared and have to wait than to be unprepared and the army suddenly comes. Countries and superheroes could all get ready for this threat without an army coming at them within hours.