Guardians of the What?

Thank you all so much for the love! For a while, I held the number one spot as the highest ranked story in the category of Avengers! I started crying. So thank you.

The spaceship descended through the air, landing gently in the grass in front of the group of seven

The spaceship descended through the air, landing gently in the grass in front of the group of seven. Hydraulics hissed as the door lowered, revealing six people. A regular man, a green woman, a bipedal raccoon, a grayish blue man with red tattoos, a humanoid teenaged tree, and a pale woman with big eyes and two antennae on her forehead.

Percy stepped forward and offered out her hand. "My code name is EctoCore, or Agent EctoCore. My actual name is classified, especially when out where anyone could be listening in. As you know, I am a part of the Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division, also known as SHIELD."

The man stepped forward first, shaking the proffered hand and Percy spoke again. "Star-Lord," the man in question smiled and looked at his friends for a brief second before looking back, "AKA Peter Quill of Earth." Peter stepped back and Percy went down the line.

"Gamora, one of the best fighters in the galaxy." Shaking the green woman's hand for a moment before crouching down to be able to shake the raccoon's hand, Percy making sure her posture was not condescending in the least. "Rocket Raccoon, expert marksman and master tactician- if a bit reckless." Rocket grinned wickedly, chest puffing out proudly.

Fluidly standing up, Percy shook hands with the buff gray man. "Drax, who is also known as Drax the Destroyer."

As Drax shook the woman's hand, he spoke. "How were you able to see me? I have perfected the art of standing so still that I become invisible."

Annabeth was about to speak up, ready to correct the obviously scatter brained man. She was stopped by both Bucky's hand landing and squeezing her shoulder hard along with the Agent's response.

"I assure to you that it was quite difficult but I have been trained in the very art of spotting the invisible."

"Amazing. You must teach me."

"Alright. I will think about it. I can't give away all of my secrets after all." Percy then shifted further down the line. "Mantis. An empath that can sense and effect emotions through touch."

As Mantis touched Percy's hand, her antennae glowed, eyes falling shut. The woman swayed a little, Percy unclasping their hands to steady the alien by the shoulders. As the skin contact stopped, Mantis' eyes fluttered open. "You are so calm and relaxing. But your mind is so fast. So many thoughts and doubts but you stay strong."

Smiling, Percy nodded, actually not uncomfortable with the analysis. Nick made sure that his agent wasn't going in blind and thus prepared her for Mantis' powers.

"And finally, last but not least, Groot. Part of the species of Flora Colossus." Percy once again knelt down. Groot took her hand to shake, looking at what could be assumed to be a space age gaming device. As soon as Groot's hand touched hers, he actually dropped his device, eyes widening and jaw dropping as he looked at her.