The Fates are Mysterious Assholes

Warning: I checked the dates and such and I found that the time line was outta wack so I went back and changed the timeline. Percy is twenty eight and she was exiled almost eleven years ago in the fic. I was researching for this chapter and the continuity wouldn't work for me. Curse younger me for not doing the adequate amount of research that was needed.

-----------------------------------

She was a baby agent and she needed to get used to what SHIELD wanted from her. She was sent to Stark Industries as a way to keep an eye on the inner workings. She also went to be able to learn how to stay under cover for long periods of time. Thus, SHIELD got her a part time job as a janitor- which she found ironic because she was always told in school that a janitor was all she probably could be. But jokes on them, she was what amounted to a veteran working for a government agency, going undercover and pretending to be a janitor.

She rolled herself down the hall- she was in SI mopping the floor as Tony Stark was holding a press conference. She suddenly heard running footsteps, the man himself soon appearing. He looked slightly panicked, causing her to quickly put the mop down, open the janitor's closet, and usher him inside. She closed the door just as half a dozen rabid reporters entered the hallway.

"Did you see Stark come through here?" A particularly rude man questioned. Percy shook her head, her strait blond hair bouncing with the movement.

Blue eyes blinked up at them before replying. "N-no. I di-didn't. I th-think I saw him g-go-" She was cut off by a different reporter.

"Just cut to the chase. Who even are you anyways." The reporter looked down at her an sneered.

"I'm h-her to p-pay for com- community col-colle- college. And if you di-didn't cut me off I was ab-about to say that he ran th-that way." She pointed in the other direction and the reporters quickly ran off, not noticing the other person entering. Mrs. Potts looked around, eyes landing on Percy in her wheelchair, picking up the mop once more.

"Mrs. Potts. Mr. Stark is in the janitor's closet over here. I hid him there when I saw him running." She placed the mop in the bucket and rolled her chair to the door. She knocked twice, to let him know that she was opening the door, and turned the handle. Tony Stark walked out, brushing off his suit coat.

"That was amazing," Tony squinted at Percy's name tag, "Miss... Rebecca. Thank you for saving me from the wolves. I should offer you a raise."

"It's okay Mr. Stark. I'm only a part time worker and this is helping me pay my physical therapy bills- not college. Impatient people don't tend to want stay and be patient for those who need it. Plus, no one really pays much attention to a janitor, much less one that stutters. I think it was just me protecting my paycheck Mr. Stark."

Mr. Stark smiled. "If you want that raise, just let me or Miss. Potts. It's the least we could do for saving me from the piranhas, regardless of stuffing me in a room full of cleaning supplies." With that the duo walked off.

Percy smiled. Tony Stark was actually a very nice man despite the mask that he put out for the public.

-------------------------------

Percy was mopping the floors in her wheelchair when the news broke that Tony Stark was missing in Afghanistan. She quickly began praying under her breathe, praying that Tony would be alright, that he would be safely guided home.

{}

Percy prayed to those who trusted her every day after she ate lunch, making sure to keep her prayers quiet and vague so the gods who were listening couldn't find her. Plausible deniability is Percy's best friend at this point.