Finally some lore (moceit meeting)

Place in the timeline: second month of the schoolyear 

Patton was shocked to find a stranger sitting in his seat.

They'd been going for this class for more than a month now, maybe it had been two already, he wasn't too sure. What he was sure of is that every day when they'd arrive here, that particular seat, second road up to the side, would be empty, and that every day Patton would sit there without needing to "fight" with anyone else to get it.

Another strange thing was that Patton didn't recognize this person. While Patton didn't interact that much with their classmates, they didn't seem to be eager to do so on their part, everyone running on 5h of sleep and caffeine, he'd become familiar enough to recognize most of the people they shared classes with, even to the extent of remembering some of the names.

This individual tho... They had dark skin and looked shorter than Patton (which was easy, considering he was above average). They had long box braids dyed with a fade that went from black to a light yellow, going through different shades of browns, which framed their face, one with bi-colored eyes, one dark brown, almost black, the second one a lighter tone. They were wearing a black hat, a black turtleneck, and what appeared to be a yellow skirt, altho it could very well be simply some baggy pants.

Patton was certain he'd never seen this person before.

That didn't stop them from approaching the guy tho. They didn't look dangerous, and Patton enjoyed sitting in that location for a reason. Perhaps he couldn't seat in their preferred place, but the one just next to the stranger was empty, so might as well.

The stranger stared at Patton when it became obvious he was planning to sit next to them. This wasn't an unusual event, many people found Patton's appearance curious. They were tall and muscular, altho said muscle was hard to perceive thanks to the generally baggy clothes and body fat he had. His hair was extremely curly, afro style, blond and dyed blue, altho the dye had partially faded and the hair had well overgrown, meaning the roots were more than visible. Their eyes were a light brown, hidden behind round glasses and surrounded by rainbow-colored freckles, the first tattoo Patton had gotten the second he turned 18. That particular day, they wore a long sleeved baby blue shirt under a short sleeved white t shirt saying "Be-leave in yourself" under a little drawing of a plant. Over both of these things, Patton wore a black Hawaiian shirt with flowers and jeans. The look was completed by one of Patton's favorite pairs of crocs.

So yeah... Patton didn't find it too strange for this new person to be staring at them.

When sitting down and taking out his notebook and pencil case from their bag, Patton noticed how the stranger didn't have anything in front of them. Not even their phone. Their yellow backpack hung from the chair, but that was it.

The intrigue was becoming too much for Patton. Who was this stranger? What were they doing sitting in his seat? Why didn't they have anything out?

Therefore, they did the only logical thing there is to do in this situation,

"Hello," Patton smiled at the stranger, making them look at him, "My name is Patton! He/they pronouns... I believe we haven't met before"

"Janusss, they/them," The person, Janus, said. When they spoke, Patton noticed how they had snakebite golden piercings, which he had failed to notice before as they had a hand over their mouth, covering it, "And no, we haven't met before. A true pleasssh- pleasure to do so"

"What are you doing here?" Patton bluntly asked, "I have never seen you around, and I kinda know like- 80 to 90% or so of my classmates. So it's weird I don't know you. And you're sitting in my seat, so."

Janus smirked, the smile could be seen reflected in their eyes.

"Tell me, Patton," They started, "Can you keep a ssssh-ssecret?"

"I think so?"

Janus looked around the room before making a gesture with their fingers for Patton to come closer, which he did. When they were close enough, Janus whispered in their ear.

"I don't actually belong here," They whispered, parting away then. Patton frowned and looked at Janus

"You what?" He asked, matching the whisper tone.

"I don't actually belong here," Janus repeated, "You're right, you've never sssseen me around, and that'ssh for a reason. I'm not a- whatever this classssh is- sstudent. I actually do law."

"Wait so-" Patton opened his eyes wider, "You sneaked in here!?"

"Keep your volume down," Janus chuckled, "You'll blow my cover"

"Oh, sorry," Patton shushed down a little, "So... why are you here then?"

"It'sssh a little hobby... when I have free periodsss and nothing better to do, if I'm lucky, I'll find a classss about to start and get in. Teachers tend to catch that I don't belong pretty early tho, fasssster the further up along the term we are... my record has been 45 minutes," They explained, to which Patton nodded in understanding.

He looked over at the door; the professor was late. Then back at Janus. They where smiling slightly, a mischievous glint in those heterochromatic eyes that called for something in Patton. There was something in this person, in this Janus guy, that just called for them.

It wasn't unusual for Patton to get this feeling. A calling from within him. Just like a hunch, a gut feeling, but deeper than that. It was something that came right from his heart, something that they felt running through his brains, a warm and fuzzy feeling which called for him and pushed him towards certain people and situations. It was a gift, Patton believed, a gift from above. Because every time Patton listened to this feeling, good things happened to the people around them, something that allowed him to help others.

"Want my notes?" Patton asked, passing their notebook to Janus, who's eyebrows lifted in slight surprise and confusion.

"What?" Janus asked, looking up towards Patton.

"My notes! The professor tends to be late, so you might still have a few minutes- You could read them up and so get some context on what we're doing in the class and that way you won't get caught. If she asks you, you'll know what we're talking about, and that way get to stay!"

Janus looked up at Patton, a genuine smile of happiness present in their face, the first simply joyous one they'd had during this interaction. They nodded, taking the notebook.

"Thank you... Patton, wasss it?"

"Indeed," he nodded, "It's a pleasure to make acquaintance with you, Janus"

"The pleassssshure is mine"

I basically wrote this cause i drew this and realized y'all needed context so

look at them

I love them so much

They so pretty!!!

SO yep!! Some lore!!

If y'all got any questions, go ask lol