Demus Meeting

Place in the Timeline: second month of schoolyear in college, 1 week after the Janus/patton meeting

Date of publishment: 8-2-2023

It was 9:30 am and Janus was extremely bored. They had nothing to do- nothing at all. They've just gotten out of the first class of the day, and due to a free period, the second one wouldn't start for another hour and a half. They could always go home, but it didn't seem worth it- no one would be home, and they'd have to come back here again so in the end, they'd spend more time walking up and down than resting.

Instead, Janus decided to go with their hobby- sneak into a random class. It was always fun, to see what students from different courses got themselves doing. Most of the time they got confused and didn't understand two words, but in some occasions they got something out of it, that be an interesting reflection or a new acquaintance, such that had happened during the last escapade around a week ago when they'd met Patton. This time they weren't this lucky- they managed to stumble into a hell of a math class that produced a headache other than anything else.

By the time they managed to escape, Janus still had some time to get to kill. Fortunately, excess of time wasn't such of a bother anymore, as this was the sciences building and they needed to get across campus to get to their civil law class. Just enough time.

Janus wasn't the only person to get out of class at that moment, many other students filling the halls as they left their perspective classrooms- ones they actually attended. Just this happened as a door opened a few meters away from Janus's path, students getting into their way. One of them was looking back as they exited, and when they turned to walk, they got themselves right in front of Janus. To avoid bumping into them, Janus decided to move right next to the wall- unfortunately, the stranger had the exact same idea, meaning both of them got stranded to that corner.

"Sssh-sorry," Janus chuckled awkwardly, hand going up to their face as it tended to do, covering their mouth slightly as they spoke.

"It's alright," The stranger laughed, their smile looking strangely genuine.

The one in front of Janus was quite taller than them, probably influenced by the platform shoes they wore. Their skin was tan, with several white spots spread across their face, dark hair fading to a lighter, yellowish tone, put in a manbun. What Janus found more striking about their appearance was the glitter- over a black pair of tattered and personalized jeans, under a white stained lab coat, the stranger was wearing a semi-sheer white shirt covered in sequins that shimmered in a variety of shades, colors matching with their makeup, which was complex, glittery as well, white eyeliner framing up the look. It certainly was... a look, which made Janus wonder how long the makeup had taken to-

"Like what you see?" the stranger smirked.

"Pardon me?" Janus raised an eyebrow at them.

"You're staring," they stated.

"Am I? Interegss-ting makeup, that'ssh a-all," Janus shrugged, "you've been quite fixg-ated on my eyes too, don't think I haven't notissed. Think we're even."

"Guess ya gotta point," They shrugged, "Ya just got funny eyes... kinda cute, not gonna lie. You're the first person I meet with heterochromia."

"You have funny skin," Janus shot back, "Though you'rge not the firsst pergsson I meet with vitiligo- asshuming that'sss your skin condition?"

"Good guess- and it is. One of them, at least," The stranger hadn't stopped smiling through this interaction, yet opposed to many other smiles of mockery Janus had had to face, this one seemed more genuine and light-hearted than average, while still remaining the essence of a smirk, "You're a smart one. The name's Remus, Remus Garcia at your service," They added, offering Janus a hand, "I got many pronouns, ya can use he/they/it"

"Janusssh Picani, they/them," Janus smiled back a little, shoulder twitching slightly before accepting the handshake, "Unussshual surgname... Ish it Spanishh?"

"Bingo again," he chuckled, "Though, let me tell you a secret... it's a preeeeetyyyyy common one from where I come from, nothing unusual 'bout it. Unlike yours, if I had to guess."

"It's unique, jusht ass me," Janus joked, "I'm sss-simply a rarity, whergever I go, I cause sensshation," they added, pushing their braids out of their face in a bit of a flaunt. Their hand grabbed to them down at the end and twisted the hair in a sharp motion before falling to their side again

"Rarity? Is that supposed to be a my little pony reference?" Remus questioned, "Nerd."

"Nergd you, I didn't say anythingg sstrange," Janus argued, "That ssays more about you than it doessh forg me"

"Considering your style, I wouldn't say I'm too off," Remus decided, re-distributing his body weight, "You sound like a nice one, Janus Picani. Say, do you find yourself free for the next hour? I got no classes 'til 12 and wouldn't mind inviting you to a drink."

"As much as I like the sssound of that offer, I have classsh sstargting quite ssoon... one can't missss."

"Shame... wouldn't want to keep you busied out if ya got places to go. How about this afternoon though? Got anything after 4?"

"Don't believe sss-so, no"

"Then I hope to see you at Burgundy Red's Bakery at 'round that time," Remus said, starting to make their way again, tapping Janus's shoulder as it continued talking, now walking backwards to be able to still see them, "Hope to see you there- no pressure though!"

"Au-revoir," Janus waved it off, nodding to Remus slightly and earning a nod in response before he turned finally and disappeared in the now-dispersed crowd.

Janus rolled their eyes and shook their head, a smile not quite fading from their face as they got back on their way to their actual building.

It'll be an interesting meeting, the one from this afternoon. Hopefully Jake wouldn't tease them too much for it. 

A/N

ok so who wants me to write their meeting up at Burgundy Red's bakery that afternoon? lemme know down here lol

Peace, Love and Granola