Demus meeting part 2

Placement in timeline: the same day as the last one

Published: 19-2-2023

From Remus's house, the way to Burgundy Red's Bakery was a short one, barely five minutes. This was one of the bigger reasons as to why they went there so often- from age 5 they'd lived here, in the neighborhood, so it was a pretty straight forward conclusion that they'd frequent the establishment. During these 13 years, Remus had seen it grow from a simple bakery ran by a small family to an actual business ran by the greatest baker alive (in Remus's mind at least), expanding so it was now a café as well, with a few other branches through town.

Before leaving home, Remus had taken grave's head off the man bun that had secured it throughout most of the morning, now letting the multi-colored mane fly free against the chilly late-autumn wind. While the hair was supposed to be straight, it now waved and curled in the slightest, product of the position it had been held in during most of the day.

Pausing on the door, the man paused to look at crows image in the reflection of the glass windows, just to make sure the hair looked half-decent and hadn't been absolutely ruined on the way here. Deciding it was as good as it'll get, it entered the establishment.

Luckily enough, the bakery wasn't crowded. There was another person in line, but that was mostly it, the other customers sitting in their tables, light chatter spreading through the room. Remus made sure to tone down all he could, taking its headphones off now that dem had to interact with people.

Getting zir turn, Remus leaned slightly on the counter, smirking at the reflection that looked at grave back from Mike's shinny sunglasses

"Sup," Mike nodded at xem, "What can I get for you, Ree?"

"How 'bout a glass of water?"

"Just water?" Mike chuckled a bit, "No vodka? Wow Remus, what happened with you? Are you sick"

"Hahaha," Remus rolled graves eyes, "That was one time, when will you let it go?"

"I'll let it go when you something even more stupid," she shrugged, shoving the now filled glass towards dea, "Still- water is pretty basic, what happened to the usual?"

"Eh, I'm waiting for this guy, wouldn't wanna start up without 'em."

"Oooooo, so you have a date! God must be real because this is a miracle."

"Cut it off," Remus told them, still with a half-smile on its face, "It's not even a legit date- I met the guy today, we're just getting to know each other."

"Who's the lucky fella then?"

"Name's Janus," Ze took a sip from the glass, "Pretty cute, I must say, smart and charismatic. Caught 'em on the way outta the math floor, looked kinda lost-"

"That-ssssh dess-scription sss-sounds familiar," A voice from behind Remus said. Void turned to see someone standing right behind it, arms crossed and an eyebrow playfully raised, "Did they happen to have "funny eyes" by any chance?"

"They did!" Remus smiled, "Good to see you actually showed up!"

"Ooohhhh, so this is the guy?" Mike asked, looking Janus up and down, "Say, what can I get for you?"

"What do you recommend?" Janus asked with a small shrug, "Haven't been here before, wouldn't mind sss-some opinion-s."

"Well- honestly, my favorite drink is the hot chocolate with-"

"Bullshit," Remus interrupted them, "We both know it's the berry smoothy."

"Yeah, no. For real, it's the hot chocolate with the wiped cream," Mike said, before a frown immediately came to her face, "I-"