first kill mission

(y/n) woke up from his bed. Today was sunday and he thought it time to finally use his new protector licenses. He got ready and left his house and went to the mission board building. When got there he went to the kill mission section and all the paper there was red and there was a lot to choose from.

You see, many protectors don't choose to do kill missions as they can be controversial in the public eye as many, especially children who look up to them, see protectors as heroes. Also if something were to go wrong like a protectors were to accidentally kill civilians then there career as a protector would be over and not only lose the protector licenses but also lose a chance to get back up on their feet as this would make it impossible to find a job as your name would be all over the news. So that's why many protectors won't do any kill missions as it could be risky.

(y/n) didn't really care though as he just wanted to get rid of his urge to kill and he was hoping this would help him. (y/n) looked around for a bit until he saw one that had been there for a while. It's been on the mission board for 5 years. The mission said that a group of mercenaries had taken over a city named marson and were executing people that dared to revolt against them and were taking the city resource. Why, apparently they believe that there was a body part there that would grant them god-like power. Could they be looking for another part of the mortal god?

The reason that no one had done anything is because like early, if something goes wrong then it's going to be the end of a protector's career and the mercenaries group is said to be very strong. (y/n) thought this would be a good idea so he took the paper and went to the counter to get it approved and start the mission. When (y/n) got there he gave the lady the paper

Counter lady: i'm sorry but you need a—

(y/n) then placed down his license. The lady took it and looked at it for a bit to make sure it was legit. She put it inside the scanner and it said the license was real. The counter lady just sigh and stamp the paper

Counter lady: you're going to need a lot of luck for this.

(y/n): I don't need luck

(y/n) then left the building to go to his mission but before that he decide to go back to get a custom because protector has a custom of some kind but (y/n) didn't have much or time so he got a red blanket from his room and wore it like a cape then (y/n) left for the mission

Time skip

(y/n) flew for a bit until he finally found the city, marson. The city was surrendered by walls and barbed wires to make sure that no one gets in or out except for the mercenaries. There were multiple mercenaries on the wall who were on the lookout to make sure that no one escaped. (y/n) was ready to go on a killing spree. (y/n) saw a truck coming out of the city so he followed it for a bit and then stopped it in its tracks with his telekinesis.

Mercenary 1: what the hell!

Mercenary 2: What's wrong with the truck?

Mercenary 1: I think one of the tires is stuck.

Mercenary 2: then go fix it.

Mercenary 1 left the truck to see if there was anything wrong with the tires but he saw nothing. He was about to go back in the truck but when he turned around he saw (y/n) in front of him and he didn't have time to say anything because his neck then snapped. Mercenary 2 was still inside the truck then he heard a snapping sound.

Mercenary 2: Did you find something?

There was no response

Mercenary 2: hey did you find something!?

Still no response

Mercenary 2 was getting annoyed so he went out of the truck to see what was going on. When he left the truck all he saw was a dead corpse. Mercenary 2 got scared and he had his guns up to look for who could have done this. Then all of a sudden a hand came out of nowhere and grabbed head and squashed his head, killing him. (y/n) then land on the ground to see what inside the truck but when got near it he smell something rotting