conflict with myself

(y/n) remembers when he first started to fall in love with selen. It was when he first met her, when he looked at her with her beautiful eyes. She was like an angel, her skin made him cry, she floated like a feather in a beautiful word, she was so fucking special. Saying all this kind of stuff made him sound like a CREEP which (y/n) couldn't deny.

But she was the first person to make him feel like he was someone other than trash. She was there for his birthday when no one, not even his own parents came and selen was the first person to give him his first birthday gift. She was there to celebrate christmas with him, she was the first to ever give him his first christmas gift when no one did.

That's why he fell in love with selen, she made him feel like he mattered and wasn't trash. For once in his life, there was someone that cared for him. Someone that was there for him. He wanted to be with her. They connected in a way and got along pretty well. When valentines came, he confessed his love to her.

But we all know how that went

(y/n) was hurt by the rejection but he still wanted to be friends with her as she was still someone that cared for him. But for some reason she just stopped talking to him. He never knew why, was it his fault. (y/n) didn't know and he might never know.

After that, his feelings for love were poisoned. He never really wanted to feel it again if it just led to pain. Something to use for other gains. (y/n) never thought he would ever feel love again

Well, that was until he meet akai

When he first meet her, she was annoying to deal with, but over time, he liked her company. After a while, he just likes being around her. Then he started to feel love for her. He didn't why but he did. It wasn't until she told him her story before she meet him. (y/n) felt like she was like him, someone whose parents didn't really care for them and had fallen in love with someone that made them special only to be rejected.

Then (y/n) did conformed something

He was in love with akai

Sure maybe there were still parts of him that still loved selen but akai was just like him. Someone that didn't have caring parents and was rejected and hurt by the person that made them feel wanted for once. But he didn't want history to repeat, he didn't want what happened with selen to happened again. Never again

(y/n) was on the ground in his room, he wasn't allowed to go on mission for a while because of the whole black magic thing he did so akai was doing the mission by herself. He had a mirror next to him. He was throwing a ball to the air to only catch and to throw again into the air. He kept repeating this. After a while, his reflection moved. It was his past self

Past (y/n): are you mad at selen?

(y/n) didn't respond

Past (y/n): I understand that you're upset and you have the right to be. But you can't hold this grudge forever, it's all in the past.

(y/n): the past is the reason why I'm here. If she hadn't left me then I wouldn't have sought power and found the halo.

Past (y/n): so your just going to hate selen until you die?

(y/n) didn't respond.

Past (y/n): I know there's a part of you that still cares, no matter how much you deny it. I'm still here after all.

(y/n): and I wish you weren't.

Past (y/n): you can't deny my existence. You felt sympathy for millie.

(y/n): that was before she BETRAYED ME!

Past (y/n): SHE DID NOT!

(y/n) just looked at his past self, surprised by the sudden outburst