It's Complicated- Chapter Four

We went out to lunch. Kieran took us out to my favourite resturaunt of all time, The Outback Steak House.

We stayed there talking and eating our meal for about two hours before we left. I was handing Kieran the money to pay for my meal.

"Mel, you're my girlfriend now. You don't need to pay for your meal. Not that I let you do pay before." He said smirking at me. He paid the bill.

He grabbed my hand and we walked to my house this time. As we walked home, he kept doing really bad imitations of famous people and really, really bad dad jokes. Though some of them were pretty funny.

We walked a couple of blocks down the road to come to my simple two story house.

We creeped up the stairs to my front door. Kieran was two steps below mine so I was the same height as him. I turned to face him. I looked him in the eyes.

"You don't know how long I've wanted us to be this way." He said to me. "I'm never going to stop saying it."

As if we were on queue we both leaned in at the same time and had a kiss on the front porch. But what I didn't know was that my mum was standing behind the big wooden front door. She burst through the door pushing me out of the way to give Kieran a great big hug. Kieran hugged my mother back and he was laughing at me. I was so embarrassed my cheeks were turning red. My mum just saw us making out! Oh my gosh, I'm so humiliated.

I just hope my little brother was home or my older sister was hanging out at home.

Of course my dreams never come true.

Everybody walked to the doorway to look outside. My sister eyed me evilly and gave me a why is mum so excited look. She obviously never took any notice of how sad I've been the past year without him. She obviously never took any notice of how sad I've been the past year without him. I guess she's been very held up with her new baby, Riley.

My little brother came walking out and was clueless of what just happened. He was staring at everybody with so much confusion. I ran up to him and pulled him aside.

"Cam, do you know what just happened?"

"Not one single bit!"

"Okay well I'll explain it to you." I sat him down on the stair case next to me and explained everything that just happened. He just looked shocked. I guess that 9-year-old brain of his can't take in my fast and clearly excited mumbling words all at once. Cameron asked me one simple question.

"Because you to are together now, does that mean I get to be an uncle again?" Okay he did not just say that.

"Oh honey we're not like sissy and he fiancé. I know when they first started dating they had Mr Riley over there but Kieran and I aren't like that. For one thing they were both older then Kieran and I are now but we are also still getting used to the fact that we're in a relationship instead of just friends the way we were before." Cameron nodded his tiny head and jumped down all the stairs back outside to mum.

I walked back outside to see my dad had sneaked past me and Cam to greet Kieran back home too. They weren't as excited as I was when he got back but they all had a turn to say hello again.

I stood in the doorway when my mum finally came over to me and gave me a hug.

She whispered in my ear, "You could have told me you were staying over. And also you two were together now, but I'm happy for you sweetheart. It was only a matter of time." Gosh now my mum was on my case.

"Okay everyone!" she yelled, "Time to come inside for some afternoon tea and dinner later!"

"Yes!" I screamed. Of course everybody else was quiet and turned to look at me. "What? Can't a girl love her mum's home-made food?" I questioned.

"We're having lasagne!" she exclaimed while walking through the door. Yum, my favourite.

Kieran came up behind me as we were walking through the door; he put his hands on my hips directing me to the dining room. He knew my house back to front because of how many times he's been here.

Before the dining room doors he spun me around to give me a kiss while everybody was in the other room.

"I was waiting a long time to do that sweetie." He said with a smile.

"Come on we have some cookies to eat. I can smell them coming out of the oven!"

We walked into the dining room hand in hand. We took a seat next to each other at the table. Kieran sat down but before I did I asked if anybody wanted anything to drink.

I heard many things people wanted to drink.

"Oh no, honey I'll get them." My mum said.

"Mum, go sit down. I'm sure I can sort a few drinks. It shouldn't be that hard." I said with a smile.

"Okay hon." She smiled back and went to her seat.

I collected all the drinks and placed them in front of everyone. I sat back down next to Kieran and asked how everyone was.

"It was really busy here yesterday, Cameron went to a friend's house, Riley wouldn't stop crying and all this happened while you were gone!" my sister Lily said. "I wish you were here with us to help but everything is all better now" she smiled at me.

We finished afternoon tea as we waited for dinner Kieran and I went up to my room and I looked in to find my room the same way I left it. Nice and clean.

There was a small present on my bed which was wrapped in green floral wrapping paper.

"Kieran?" he turned his head to face me. I walked towards my bed.

"Yo" He said closing the door.

"Did you put this here?"

"I did. Open it." He said.

It made me more excited to open the box. I un-wrapped the layer of paper. I turned to him, run and jumped on him. I was so excited. He put me down.

He held me close to him. "Do you love it? or do you love it?"