It's Complicated- Chapter Ten

I had no idea how to answer his question. He went to a different high school to me. I wish Daniel didn't call me while I was with Kieran. It was annoying when people call you when you never need them too.

"He's a guy who went to my high school. He was in a couple of classes with me. His name is Daniel Anderson." I stated. 

"Oh well why is he calling at this time at night?"

"It’s not that late and I saw him when I was at the shopping centre the other day when I went to Talia’s house. Would you like me to call him back?" I said getting a bit annoyed. 

"Not particularly." He sounded like he was greeting rather upset. 

When Kieran wasn't looking at dinner, I texted Daniel back and told him not to call again unless he really needed me. 

Kieran's parents left to go to Kieran's grandparents’ house for dinner and catch up time. So for dinner we had made our own homemade cheese burgers with anything we wanted on it.

Kieran had made two for himself and I only had one because my appetite was small and we had hot chips bought from a chicken and chip shop which made them yummier. 

 We both enjoyed our meal and we went to the lounge room. 

"Can we watch another movie?" I asked.

"Sure. Will we actually be watching the movie, or, will we be doing something else?" He said with a smirk. 

“I think we should watch most of the movie. Which one do you want to watch?”

“Finding Nemo.” He said while laughing. I started a giggling episode so I didn’t stop laughing for about ten minutes.

He smile always brightened my day. Most of the time he has a blank face but when he smiles it's like it's been years since he has. His teeth are straight and sines like beams of white silver. 

We watched the movie and when it ended we went to Kieran’s room to get ready for bed because it was early at night but I could still get changed.

"Mel." Kieran said. 

I instantly looked up at him, snapping out of my day dream to pay attention. 

"Oh sorry honey, I was thinking about you and your beautiful smile" I said with a smile. 

I walked over to him and into his arms. I gave him a big hug. I felt Kieran's arms lace around my waist and his hands slide into the back pockets of my jeans. We just stood hugging each other until Kieran pulled away a little. He smiled at me and looked deep into my eyes.

“I love you.” He said.

I kept looking into his eyes and told him I loved him back and pulled him into a kiss. He pulled me closer to him by the hips and of course my phone has to ring. I pulled away and asked if I could answer it.

“Hello?”

“Before you say anymore, there’s something that’s been bothering me and I can’t hold it in anymore.” Talia was on the other end of the phone. “I want to tell you but I can’t put it into words. In the 11th grade, when you were in Canada, Kieran and I sort of had sex.”

This came as a huge shock to me. I had tears starting to come to my eyes. I could tell she was becoming upset about what she said. I hung up the phone and grabbed my things, pushed past Kieran and ran out the door.

I cried the whole way home. I ran and ran until I was too tired then I walked. I faintly heard cars zoom past me on my way to my family.

A car slowly drove alongside me with Kieran in the driver’s seat.

“Babe, what the hell was that for? Why are you crying?” He shouted across the car.

I ignored him and kept walking and crying.

“Who was on the phone?”

“It was Talia.” I whispered.

“Okay…?” He was questioning why it was such a bad thing that my best friend had called me to make me cry.

I turned to face him.

“She told me what you did! She told me you had sex with her when we were in high school! High school! None of my best and only friends told me! Especially now that you’re my boyfriend you didn’t even say anything before this relationship?!” I screamed.

I went on walking only a few hundred meters away from my house.

“Why did she tell you that? It was one stupid mistake. I was drunk and I had no idea what I was doing at the time.” He explained.

I started to run again with warm tears running down my face. I hated everyone at this moment. I ran into my house before Kieran could catch up. I ran straight upstairs to my room and slammed my door closed behind me.

My bedroom door opened and someone sat on the edge of my bed.

“Do you want to talk about it Melissa?” I recognised the voice as my mum’s voice. I made a mumbling voice against my pillow. It meant no and she took it as the right answer and turned around and walked away

I heard the doorbell ring and I had no doubt it was Kieran. I really didn’t want to see anyone at the moment.

I’d never think my best friends would betray me like that. Especially when I’m out of the country. God, if I trusted them before, now I don’t know who I’m going to trust anymore. I’ll just hang out with Cam, Lily and the rest of my family.

My phone has gone off telling me how many phone calls and messages I’ve gotten. Majority of them were from Kieran and Talia. I didn’t answer them and I eventually got tired of hearing my phone playing ‘Troublemaker’ by Olly Murs for my ringtone. Even though I love that song it got boring hearing it play for three hours straight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

PLEASE don't hate me. Just bear with me and You'll see what happens. I need more ideas for my story so inbox me some ideas please. Thanks for reading.

XO VOTE

XO COMMENT

XO FOLLOW

Love Olivia.