It's Complicated- Chapter Six

I met Talia at a local coffee shop at 10 o’clock that morning and told her everything that has happened since the last time I saw her. Besides the fact I was in a relationship.

 “So how is Kieran?” She asked.

 “After coming back, he’s doing well. I’ve been with him the last two days. I spent his first night home at his then he slept and had dinner at mine last night. It was very fun. We’ve caught up on each other’s gossip and yeah.” I said with a smile.

 We ordered our coffee and sat down at a table outside. We talked for a while after that until I got a phone call.

 “Sorry Talia, I have to take this call.” I said standing up.

 “Sure.”

 I got up and pressed the answer button. I didn’t recognise the number.

 “Hello this is Mel”

 “Hey Melissa, its mum, can you come to the hospital now please?” My mum sounded worried. “It’s Cameron.”

 That was all I needed to hear. I ran back to Talia and pulled her out of her chair. I jumped in my car and drove to the hospital.

 “Can you please explain what’s happening?!”

 “My brother is in hospital.”

 “Holy crap! Okay let’s drive.” I drove as fast as I could staying in the speed limit.

 “Can you call Kieran for me please?”

 She didn’t answer she just called him from her phone. Talia told him everything I told her.

 “He said he’ll be there as quick as he can.” She stated.

 When we got to the hospital I was out like the speed of lightening. I locked my car and ran into the centre.

 I asked the nurse at the front desk where my brothers room was.

 “Miss you’re going to have to calm down.”

 “I’m sorry but I’m freaking out, my nine-year-old brother has just been transported here. Do you think I can calm down? He’s my only freaking brother I have! I don’t even know what’s wrong with him!” I burst into tears while I screamed at her. She looked surprised at my reaction. Talia hugged me so I cried into her shoulder.

The lady told me which room he was in and we walked to that part of the building. Kieran texted me to ask if I was all right and I said I would be okay when I found out what was wrong with Cameron. I told him which room to go to when he got here.

Kieran shortly caught Talia and I walking slowly to my brothers room. I hugged him for a long time. I started to cry again. We all walked slowly to Cameron’s room.

We got close to the room and my mum burst out of the door and hugged me. She pulled away and told me what happened. Apparently he broke his leg in four different places. That would be so uncomfortable.

“How’d it happen?” I asked.

“The trampoline, down the back of the house. He was jumping on it and somehow flipped it and it landed and landed on his leg.” She said “I’m sorry honey, I know you love that trampoline but we’re going to have to get rid of it after this accident. I don’t want it to happen again.”

“Okay. Is Cameron okay?”

“Yeah, sweetie. I was more scared then he was.”

“You know how much I was freaking out?” I asked rhetorically.

I went into the room my brother was in to see him on his bed laughing at a movie playing on the TV set up for him.

His left leg plastered in a cast. I felt really bad for him. I mean he is only nine.

I wish I was there for him.

“Hey Cam, how are you feeling?”

“I’m all right. I mean it hurts but I’ll get used to it in a while. I have to stay here tonight but I get to learn how to use crutches tomorrow and then I can go home.” He said with a reassuring smile.

“Okay. You had me really worried. I was crying for like twenty minutes.” I forced a smile to let him know I was okay now.

“Did you want me to bring your Nintendo DS when I come back?” I asked. He nodded with excitement because he loved that console. 

“I’ll be back in a couple of hours. Please drink heaps of water and milk because it’s good for you. Would you like anything else from home?”

“Could you grab my Batman pyjamas please? Oh, and my IPad?” he said with a big grin on his face.

“Sure thing, honey. I’ll be back.”

I grabbed Talia and Kieran out of the room.

“Did you want me to take you home Talia?”

“Yeah, please.” She said.

“I’m going to stay here for now.” Kieran said.

“Did you want anything?”

“Nah, I got everything I need.”

I took Talia home and went back to mine to get Cameron’s things. I stayed at the hospital for hours until about 9 o’clock. My mum said she was sleeping there so I went home. Kieran left at the same time as me. Before he left I spoke to him.

“Thanks for coming today. It means so much to me.” I said going to give him a hug and a kiss before I left.

“Anything for my baby girl.” He said with a smile.

“Can you stay with me again tonight? I don’t want to be alone because I know something bad will happen. I can feel it already”

“Sure. I have my car here so I’ll drive behind you.” He said comforting me.

I was glad I had a boyfriend like Kieran, he always thinks of other people as well as himself. 

He followed me home and parked his car next to mine in the driveway and got out. He took my hand and we walked inside. I got into bed straight away and curled in a ball.

Kieran got into bed and used those new muscles of his to pull me next to him. He cuddled me all night while I cried. He gave me kisses on my neck to let me know that he was there.  I turned and kissed him back. I managed to whisper a thank you through all my tears. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

I've updated twice today, It's the weekend and I'll be uploading a lot over heaps of weekends.

xxxxx. :)