It's Complicated- Chapter Eleven

“Mel! You’ve been in that bed for four days; you need to come out sooner or later!” My dad yelled at me through my door. He barged into my room when I was half asleep and pulled my quilt off me, making me freeze in the cold winter morning. I groaned into my pillows that were lying on bed and rolling onto my stomach.

“Daddy please, just don’t.” I whisper.

“Why don’t you call him?”

“He hurt me dad.” I spoke firmly to him while sitting up to face him. “They both did. That’s why I have nowhere else to go, no one to turn too.”

“Okay well, I’m making pancakes with maple syrup and some with lemon juice and sugar if you want some.” He left the room and I got up and went into my bathroom.

I looked like crap. Red puffy eyes, pale face and I needed to really take a shower. I got up and into the shower to wash my hair, brush my teeth and put on a bit of makeup to cover my baggy eyes.

I slowly and quietly walked down the stair case and walked into the kitchen without a sound.

“Hey bubba, decided to come down? You look very pretty today.” My brother said. Cam still called me bubba. I have no idea why but he does. I guess he just likes to have someone to call that because he has nobody younger than him although I’m the one closest to him.

“Hey Cam. I did; it was time for me to come out of hibernation” I joked. “how’s that leg of yours going?”

“It’s very good. I hope it’s getting better in this cast.” He said.

I love it how my family doesn’t bring up the worst situations that’s occurring.

When breakfast is done, I started to walk to my room again when the doorbell rang. I absentmindedly went and answered the door and immediately slammed it closed when I saw who it was.

“Please open the door.” Kieran pleaded.

“Answer one of my questions and you’ll get your answer by yours. Do I or do I not like you right now.”

“I’m going to say no. but please just listen to me. At least through the door.” I could hear the sadness in his voice.

I had agreed to listen to him. He told me how bad he felt about what happened and how it slipped his mind. He has apologised so many times.

I opened the door half way through his conversation to see him sitting on the porch curled in a ball against the door frame. He was crying. This obviously had an effect on him by what I did.

I had tears coming to my eyes by seeing how horrible he felt. I crouched down to his level and wiped away his tears. I mouthed to him that I was so sorry. I tilted his head up to face me. I slowly went to give him a kiss on the cheek when he turned his head so our lips connected together.

When we were finishing that conversation, we went inside to tell my family what’s happening so they can keep updated because I tell my family everything. But I didn’t tell them the kissing bit.

We walked back to up to my room which was all messy with tissues and blankets thrown everywhere. Stepping over my doona, I went around and picked all my tissues up and put them into the bin while Kieran just stood still with a shocked look on his face.

“I’m so sorry.” He said once he found his voice.

“It’s fine, I probably over reacted a little bit. I’ve been in bed since. I only got out of my room this morning.”

“Oh my gosh, really?” he sounded so surprised. I thought he would know that I take news bad sometimes.

He walked over to my bin and was carrying it around beside me so I could put the tissues in my miniature bin.

When all the tissues where done I made my bed. Kieran and I sat on my bed we sat in silence while Kieran picked the beautiful purple necklace off my neck and twirled it around admiring it.

“I never took it off” I confessed.

“I wouldn’t, it’s too beautiful to take off.” That comment made me smile.

I opened my laptop and we watched funny YouTube clips for about an hour until we got to tired. We both took a nap in my room. It was late afternoon when I woke. I looked over to my phone to check the time. I doubted the time it said but I checked the time on sleeping Kieran’s watch. Apparently it was six thirty. I didn’t think I was sleeping for so long. I peeled Kieran’s arms off me so I could let him sleep because he looked like he really needed it.

I walked down to the kitchen to see my mum had already made steak and vegetables. Luckily she cooked an extra one for Kieran too. I already planned on him staying here.

After helping my mother cook for a little while, I went back up to my room to see Kieran talking to Cam. I stood in the door frame and told them both dinner was ready. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: 

Personally I feel better that they're together again. I was getting really sad. Will Mel trust Talia again though? Wait and see. 

Thanks for reading!

Vote 

Comment 

Fan 

Xoxo Olivia :)