Chapter 6: just grab my hand and don't ever drop it

It's been two days since they've been Avengers. Day one, was the day that Wanda proved just how much of a gay mess she was, not only to herself, but to her brother too. As soon as she had seen Natasha, when they were out of the elevator, she had practically frozen and had an internal gay panic the entire time. She was too nervous and shy to even dare to self-sabotage herself and sit next to Natasha, so she had practically shoved her brother into the seat next to Natasha like an idiot . Then, during the whole game, the moment she had heard even just a small hint that Natasha might like women too, when she had said her "Never Have I Ever" of not ever being asked out by a girl, she had choked. Twice. It was so embarrassing.

And when she caught a sliver of one of Natasha's thoughts, and it had been about her, she had stared at the spy like a moron, and had to ask about one of Tony's stupid and unnecessary paintings that probably cost more than the cost of a feast that could feed everyone that had volunteered for Von Strucker's project. And leaning over her, oh god, that was so embarrassing, she had practically literally thrown herself on Natasha's lap.

And being so pitiful, when Pietro had caused Natasha to spill some of the liquor onto her and tried to say it was alright— almost really trying to stay in her wet shirt the entire rest of the game. Then, to keep the train wreck going, in the elevator, she lashed out when asked about her eating enough, asked about the spy's love life, which she didn't even really have the right to ask about considering she had recently just invaded Natasha's mind and pulled out her memories—even if she put it back behind her walls so it wouldn't haunt her in the future, she still did it—and Natasha didn't have to answer, but she still did. Then she– ugh, she had just been such a damn mess all throughout the entire past evening.

Natasha Romanoff seemed to just have this power over her, to be able to reduce the legendary Scarlet Witch into a mess.

The second day, today, due to habit in her lonely years, living all alone in her cabin before she ruined it, in her use of the spells recorded in the Darkhold, Wanda has gotten up at 5 AM, barely awake, and teleported with a single thought 'Kitchen', which of course, took her to the kitchen, but not hers. However, she wouldn't know this, considering she was going through the motions, her body still heavy with sleep, and eyes closed. She uses her chaos magic to start moving everything, because even with a muddled mind, she knew how to cook breakfast. She had once literally done it in her sleep, after a long night of nightmares, and she had slept on the cold counter, while her magic cooked her breakfast.

A few minutes later, she lifted her tired head from the counter and floated the plate of egg and cheese sandwich towards her, along with the glass of milk, rubbing her eyes to wake up a little more. When she looked up, however, it was to Pietro's shocked face, reminiscent of his face when he saw her in her Scarlet Witch regalia.

She sighed, nearly crying out in a groan. "Just..." she shook her head, took the plates and glass of milk from the air, and turned back to the elevator. "...I don't know, wait for later. I will explain when I'm awake." She went towards the elevator and as the doors opened for her, she saw Steve, open his mouth, his thoughts came before his words, and Wanda was never a morning person, not even in the most beautiful mornings. It wasn't that she was a grumpy person, it was that she was a brain-missing-until-a-few-more-minutes-of-silence-and-peace person, and she didn't have the energy nor the mental power to socialize or keep her mental barriers up.

'Training' , was all she heard, and it was enough to make her float her glass of milk and plate of egg + cheese sandwich and press a finger to Steve's lips. "Shhh." She said, a small smile on her face. "If you don't speak, you won't ruin my morning. So, let's not speak, okay? Just shhhhhh. We're gonna play the quiet game, and we're not gonna say a thing. No one is, until I'm back in my room, for my peace and quiet and we'll all be fine."