14. 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔏𝔞𝔰𝔱 𝔗𝔞𝔩𝔨 | 𝔄𝔡𝔞𝔪

Meet us at the clinic in thirty minutes.

-Unknown

I packed my laptop and papers and headed to my car as soon as I received the text. To say I was confused and excited would be putting it too lightly. Many thoughts ran through my head on my way there but I couldn't get consumed by them and miss out on this chance. I can't believe all my attempts to talk to Primrose went to waste when all it took Lilianne was less than a week to convince her to meet me. I don't know how to feel about that, but I suppose there is gratitude among the complex emotions burrowed somewhere inside my chest. I can attempt to detangle and understand that some other time. Parking my car, I texted her back.

Where are you?

I didn't have to wait long because she replied right away.

Dr. Rowanda's office.
-Lilianne

It took less than a couple minutes for me to get there and sign Primrose out for a couple of hours so that we can go out.

"The fair?" I asked, following as she led the way. "That's all it took to convince her?"

She didn't need to say much but I could feel the judgement from the look she threw my way. I decided not to stretch my luck. She turned all of a sudden to face me, crossing her arms. "She may have agreed but please don't do or say anything stupid."

"Who do you take me for?" I narrowed my eyes at her, scratching the back of my head. 

Lilianne shrugged her shoulder as we turned the corner to find Prim waiting by the water fountain. I took a deep breath, feeling nervous despite all the mental preparations for this moment during my drive here. At least she looked healthy and she was warmly dressed. Though she's still avoiding looking at me like I don't exist and instantly clung to Lilianne's arm, whispering. "I think I changed my mind. Let's go back."

"Today's the last day of the fair, are you really going to miss it?" Lilianne replied quietly, holding her hand and approached me. "What are you waiting for? Lead the way."

I looked from her to Prim then sighed and nodded, leading them to the car. I guess I could have prepared myself some more to be patient and not expect too much, but that's never been one of my strong suits. Lilianne pushed Primrose in the passenger seat and took the backseat before the latter could complain. I didn't miss the angry looks she shot her and the whisper complaints she had for the first half of the ride before she quieted down and sulked in her seat.

"Don't be a party pooper, aren't you excited for your first adventure out in awhile?" Lilianne nudged her shoulder trying to get her to cheer up.

"Well it wouldn't have been my first time if someone were to remember I existed a long time ago." Prim scoffed.

Fair enough. I sighed, trying to smile regardless. "I'll make it up to you, I promise."

She shrugged her shoulders and muttered under her breath. "Like you promised not to leave years ago?"

My grip tightened on the steering wheel subconsciously. The bitter reminder made me feel instant guilt again that made me want to disappear here and now. Lilianne flicked her shoulder. "Don't be mean. That was not what you were saying before he got here."

Prim gasped, giving Lilianne -who wasn't fazed in the least- a death glare. The blonde raised a challenging brow at my little firecracker of a sister who finally caved in and sat back quietly, making me chuckle under my breath. She really didn't change in all the years I hadn't seen her.