19. 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔏𝔞𝔰𝔱 𝔗𝔯𝔲𝔱𝔥 | 𝔄𝔡𝔞𝔪

Prim put away her homework and quickly jumped on her piano stool, eager to get rehearsing. Luckily, I can say my efforts have not all gone to waste seeing as she is willing now to hang out with me and even invite me to her space. It has been a week of back and forth, I decided to call in the morning and ask if I could spend some time with her. Dr. Rowanda encouraged it, allowing me to keep her company. That's how we ended up in her room, chatting and bickering about anything and everything- not unlike when we were younger.

I worked on my laptop as she went through the music sheets, practicing for an upcoming charity concert organized by her music academy.

"Crap!" She screamed in frustration for what must be the hundredth time this morning. "That wasn't powerful enough, was it?" She asked again knowing I could offer no constructive input since I didn't have a single musical bone in my body. I'm surprised she's still even asking me at this point. Not getting a response, Prim gave me the stink eye. "You're so useless. Lily would have definitely helped me make tons of progress by now."

I frowned at her, offended. I may be useless when it comes to music... Okay, maybe more than just music. I wouldn't describe myself as an artistic person in any way, shape or form. According to Prim so far this morning, I've been useless in fashion consultation, book taste, french homework, and now music. I can't exactly deny any of those accusations but how can Lilianne be great at all of these things? That just doesn't make sense. I think my sister has been bewitched. 

"How I wish Lily was here." She slumped on her bench, looking longingly out the window.

No, she's definitely under some spell.

I sighed. "Come on, hanging out with me can't be that bad." Maybe, just maybe, I was a little jealous. "You used to stick to me all the time when you were little."

"Exactly!" She threw her hands in the air. "I was little. I didn't know any better."

"When'd you grow so mean?" I groaned, putting aside my laptop and walking towards the window she was peering through. "Let's go do something we can both enjoy then. Something I don't specifically suck at."

She looked at me pointedly. "There is such a thing?"

I pulled her to me, ruffling her hair as she screamed to be released. "You little piece of sh-

"Lily!" She suddenly pushed my arms away and went to open a window pane. I squinted my eyes, barely able to see the person in question walking hastily around the vast garden. She looked like she was looking for something- well, someone. Prim and I watched as she approached the kid sitting in the shadow of a cherry tree hidden away from the sun.

"Oh, that's Rey." Primrose pointed, her voice trailing off. Lily sat on the ground opposite the kid who must've been Rey. She seemed to be talking to him about something but he wasn't listening or paying attention. 

"So rude." Prim commented, shaking her head.

I looked amusedly at her. "What's that about?"

"I don't know why Lily even bothers. That guy clearly doesn't want to even talk. He keeps making trouble for everyone."

"Well it is her job, you know." I pointed out. "The same way it is her job to take care of you."

Prim snapped her narrowed eyes back to me. "What do you mean by that? I'm not just a job to her." She frowned. "Am I?"

I shook my head firmly, taking her shoulders in my hands. Damn, why did I have to put it like that? Lilianne had done so much for Prim. "That's not it. I worded it very very poorly. I just meant that she has to try with him. I bet you didn't open up to her from the get go either, did you? She had to try again and again so that you trust her."