Chapter 4-Meeting him

Getting in the car, I turned on the radio and Gps set to Arkham asylum.

After thirty minutes of driving I was going through the big gates of the Asylum. Before passing I had to show my ID which was luckily in my car at the time. I need to remember that for future reference.

After parking the car, I got out and begin walking. I don't even know where the fuck my office is. This is going to be a struggle. Walking into the main lobby, the receptionist seemed to recognize me.

"Hey Y/n how are you this afternoon?" He asked smiling.

"I'm doing okay how are you?" I asked out of politeness.

"Good. How's it been lately with the patients? Any problems or anything?" He asked seeming genuinely interested and concerned.

"Oh it's just the normal, you know. I mean how good can it get in here." I said not really knowing how to respond since I didn't have any recollections about my job here.

"Yeah that makes sense. But I won't hold you any longer. I know you got work to get to" he said.

"Yeah on that note can you point me to my office? Sorry it's just one of those days." I said trying not to seem suspicious. He looked quite confused but still pointed down a hallway nonetheless. There was one door in the hallway so I went in there and sat down.

A security guard came in with a file and told me that the patient would be down in a few minutes. He then walked out closing the door behind him. I picked up the file and almost dropped it.

It was the Joker. Why me? I couldn't help asking. I begin to study the file looking at what he was diagnosed and some of his background. He was diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder. In his file it also said that a lot of his memories were missing. I had just closed the file as the doors were being opened.

In walked a guard and Joker with a straitjacket on. After he sat down the guard left.

"Fancy seeing you here." He said smiling showing of his silver teeth. I thought they would have confiscated those.

"I know right such a coincidence." I said sarcastically. He let out his signature cackle. After he had calmed down I begin talking again.

"So Mr.Joker how've you been feeling lately? How have they been treating you in here?"

He raised his eyebrow for a bit then dropped it. He then began smirking.

"Mr.Joker. I like it. You could shorten it a bit it is quite a mouthful. What about Mister J." He said still smirking.

"Whatever you prefer now if you would please answer my question." I said

"Well how do you think doc?" He said sarcastically.

"I'd much rather go off of what you say, than my own imagination. No one knows what you've been through or your experiences more than yourself Mr.Joker."

"I said call me Mr.J." He said smirk no longer on his face. He was now staring with his eyes wide open.

 He was now staring with his eyes wide open