Chapter 6-Silence

After I heard Joker walk out the room I stayed in the corner of the bathroom for at least an hour. Five minutes in I picked up my phone and put the headphones in. Actually tuning into the music to help pass the time. I continued to listen to the music until I felt like it was safe.

Walking out I ran past all the guards and everybody that was trying to get things back in order and beelined to my car. Driving home I could only think about one thing. The Joker was on my ass. I wouldn't let him make me another Harley.

As I was driving home a thought came to my head is home even safe for me? Surely the prince of crime could get a address if he wanted to. With that being said I turned my car around and went to a nearby hotel.

When I got there I made sure to check in for at least a week. Hopefully by then my house will be safe. In the meantime I still don't have any patients until a new one is assigned to me since Joker escaped.

Walking in the hotel room I locked the door behind me and sighed. Placing my briefcase and suit jacket on the chair, I walked into the bathroom to take a shower. When I was done, I put my blouse on as pajamas since it was oversized and I didn't have any other clothes.

I made a mental note to buy some clothes tomorrow . After turning off the lights it only took me about five minutes before I was sleep.

**************
(Time skip-Midnight)

I snapped out of my sleep at the sound of a alarm going off in the Hotel.
"What the fuck is going on?" I grumbled mad that my sleep was interrupted. The only thing I could think of was the Joker found me, but how? Did he place a tracker on my car?

All of a sudden the phone in the room began to ring. I picked up already knowing who I was going to hear speaking.

"Oh darling did you miss me?" He said letting out his signature cackle.

"Joker. It's 12 o'clock in the morning. What ever could you possibly want that could be worth my sleep." I know that was bold of me to say but he interrupted my sleep to play games on the phone. I just wanted to sleep.

"You're going to have the best sleep ever once I get through that door." When he said that my head snapped to the hotel door. Theres no way he's already up here. This suite is on the highest floor. He couldn't have made it up here that fast. Plus the hotel phone is not wireless so he has still be on the first floor. With that realization my heart instantly calmed down.

"Well you could just leave. I never did anything wrong to you and wanted nothing but the best for you. Your soul is not completely past healing. I wanted to be that for you. A healer." I said. Not only trying to convince him but also because it was the truth and probably something he needed to hear.

"Y/n, my pretty little psychiatrist. You can't heal me." After he muttered those words out , i heard a loud bang and the door busted open.

The dust from the plaster was all over the room, so I couldn't see. But what I could hear was that signature laugh. That drew chills up my spine.

"I told you, you could sleep once I got past the door." His voice tickled my ear. How the fuck did he get behind me that fast.

I felt his hands snake around my waist and hold tightly.

"What the f—" I was cut off by a sharp pain in my neck before everything went dark.

"Sleep well princess."