Uninvited guests

//Above is a lil visual inspiration of Sunday's outfit at the end of this chapter- I also haven't proof read or edited this chapter yet so ignore that lol!//

Sunday Paisley was a patient woman, to a fault her mother would say, but what she rarely had patience for, was the ego of men.

Now that didn't mean Sunday hadn't put up with her fair share of audacity from the male species before, it just meant she no longer had the capacity to flutter her eyelids and force a fake smile in return, which was turning out to be a full time job in her current employment.

After the pancake 'incident' that caused a week long back and forth of food related semi-insults, Hotch and Sunday found themselves only boiling more with indifference towards each other even in different states.

Over the course of the next few weeks they managed to avoid letting quips slip with his busy work schedule and her dedication to biting her tongue to keep her job, of which she was surprised to find herself enjoying more than she thought.

Being a nanny to a boy as sweet as Jack was no problem of course, and getting to live in a house larger than she could ever afford on her teaching salary for free was the cherry on top, but what was surprising about this new situation she found herself in was how free she felt.

There was no lesson plans or ridiculous quotas she had to reach, she could 'teach' and divulge activities as she wished, sharing with Jack the things she truly enjoyed teaching in her free lessons months prior.

The two spent days in the city exploring museums and afternoons crafting flower crowns on picnics learning about various flower types- it was perfect.

Perfect, that was until the dreaded happened... Hotchner was forced to take a week of mandatory vacation.

It had been weeks of avoiding the man that seemed to know how to rub her the wrong way by avoiding her pleasantries, mocking them openly.

But when he came back one day with the news to his son that he would be spending the week with them, the 'perfect' routine Sunday had settled into was disrupted in more way than one;

Hot water being used up by an early rising Sunday before Hotch had a chance to shower in the mornings causing passive aggressive notes on the fridge, homemade breakfasts discarded untouched with a mocking of the smiley faces she'd make in the eggs, a shared dislike for the other's opposing personality clashing on the smallest of things.

"Dad's back! Dad's back!" Jack beamed just as he did every time his father came in the door, a mental eye roll coming from Sunday as she tidied up whatever fun-filled learning activity she now knew Hotch disapproved of, calling her kahoot quizzes and colouring book math tests 'hippy' and 'nonsense' down the phone to his sister in law 'under his breath' in attempt to get her permission to fire Sunday to no avail.

"Hey buddy" Hotch smiled back at his son as he placed the grocery bags on the counter, Sunday coming to learn that Jack was the only thing that could make that smile happen, "how has your afternoon been?"

"It's been so fun! Sunday was showing me rhymes to remember how to spell things- listen: Mrs M, Mrs I, Mrs S-" Jack sang the songs Sunday had taught him to remember the spellings of US states that he was struggling with, and as happy as Hotch looked to hear his son's pride, the two adults both knew a series of mockery would be underlining any compliment he gave her practices.

"Very... creative Miss Paisley" he said exactly what she thought he would once again, waiting for her quip back he also expected, but she didn't to his surprise.