Dirty Laundry

(hey gorls I haven't proof read this one yet so ignore any mistakes lol xoxox)

The ground was clean, as her red heels clicked down the dirt road towards the silhouette.

"E-excuse me?" She called out with an airless voice, "-can you help me?"

The wind grew silent, the trees came to a halt, the sirens distanced.

"Please, I-I don't know where I am, I don't know how I got here, I don't-"

The figure turned, revealing the face of the man who had taken her, abandoned her in his basement, the man who she had been told was dead.

Sunday gasped at his half melted face illuminated by the sudden car behind her, turning quickly to see a large SUV, holding up her hand against the blinding light.

"H-help me-"

The engine revved, and then it's reverse lights turned on.

"Wait! Wait no, please don't-"

She tried to chase it, but her heels wouldn't move.

Sunday looked down at the now blood and mud coated shoes, screaming with a gasp at the bodies below her.

The basement walls surrounded her again, the chair covered in her own blood scraped against the floor.

"Clean it" the voice behind her demanded, suddenly turning to see the figure, mangled and disheveled standing over her, "clean it all."

"I-I don't know how to-"

"You don't know much, do you Sunshine?"

Her head tilted as the tears ran down her shaking body, red tears that stung, watching the broken figure mould into someone else, someone somehow more terrifying.

"N-no, no you can't be here, you can't... you can't have found me, you can't- no, no please, please get off of me! Mr Andrews- please I-"

"-Stop!" Sunday bolted up in her bed, coated in sweat, shaking violently as she clutched the covers.

Her chest was tight, suffocating her lungs, heating her from inside.

She stumbled out of the bed, tossing the covers across the room as she rushed to the already open window, gasping for air like a dog in a hot car.

It took 20 minutes of videos from white women in yoga pants to catch her breath, but there was no way she could get back to sleep, she wouldn't even try.

It was the 10th night it had happened in the previous two weeks since the abduction, some were fine, just little glimpses back into the basement which every late night google search said was normal, but some were worse; a lot worse.

Sunday took off her sweat soaked clothes to put in the wash with her sheets, tossing on an oversized t-shirt until her pyjamas dried.

4:35am, the apple shaped clock above her door reminded her of the lack of sleep she had been getting as she entered the dark hallway, checking both of the other bedroom doors were shut before turning on the light on her phone as she left.

It felt wrong to turn on the lights at night, even in a windless hallway of a dodgy apartment building.

She slipped on her shoes, grabbed the pen knife she hated feeling a need to carry everywhere now, and headed down to the laundry room.