Principle's office

(Guess who hasn't proofread this chapter again moahahha)

"Well hello sunshine."

Sunday looked up from her paper filled desk, swallowing a breath of disappointment at who was leaning far too casually for a principle at her classroom door."

"Mr Andrews, good evening."

"Oooo, formal today are we?" He snorted in a way that couldn't be described as anything but obnoxious and rich.

"What can I do for you today Mr Andrews?" She smiled through the growing headache her new boss seemed to bring.

It wasn't like he was a 'bad boss,' nor a 'bad principle' per-say, just one with a lot of audacity.

Over the 5 months she had been at her dream job, a job she was lucky to even get an interview for according to her mother, she had tried to make it known that she liked to be alone- purposefully.

Teaching at a private school wasn't a sociable career, colleague-wise.

She had found familiarity with the old teacher's waiting out retirement in separate corners of the break room, not giving advice, not noticing the new young girl, not making small talk- just as Sunday liked it.

She stayed in her classroom at lunchtimes, to spend time on her lesson plans whilst the unsociable kids read in the corner, just as she once had.

She kept quiet in the group chat, she didn't offer to carpool, she didn't join the bake sales.

She just smiled, said good morning, and did what she loved.

She taught.

Quietly, in her own way, in the way she was good at.

Alone.

A style that Mr 'Yale-graduate' Andrews had failed to understand this evening, again.

"How did parent teacher evening go?" He made himself at home on the edge of her desk she'd have to sanitise once more.

"Oh, uh, it went really well" she smiled, tucking her hair behind her shoulders, "I mean there's not much to report to parent's who want their 5 year olds to be speaking seven different languages but I think it went well."

"Ah yes, private school elite" his cologne shifted through the air as he leaned further into her desk, "a bunch of dickheads really aren't they?"

Sunday hoped her laugh didn't come out forced, but it did, because it was.

"Ouch- Guess I shouldn't pursue a backup career in comedy then?"

"What?" She tried to swallow her yawn, shaking her head with a sudden panic, "o-oh no sorry, sorry I- I'm not great at talking to people and I-"

"I'm kidding" his snort penetrated her ears again before his hand brushed her arm, circling her desk to stand behind her chair "I'm sure you're just tense from a long day- or a series of long days I should say, you know you're the last one here again? I almost locked you in."

"What?" She looked up as he leaned over her shoulder to point at the clock that read '10:45pm, "oh shit!"

"Woah!"

The snort again.

"I don't think I've ever heard you swear before, sunshine."

"O-oh, I'm sorry, sorry, I, uh, I just didn't realise the time" she rubbed her tired eyes with a small chuckle, tucking a dollar into her 'swear jar' skirt pocket.