Doctor knows best

Sunday had never known air to be so painful.

Every half conscious breath of the thick smoke felt like a memory she longed to pushed down.

And right this way we have Mr Andrew's office, don't mind the smell- he's a smoker but don't tell his wife.

Tears burst from the stinging of both the smoke and memory she tried to run from as her body convulsed with every flash at the back of her eyelids and thud on her chest, the faintest of voices trying to break through the noise in her head.

Come on sunshine, I won't tell if you won't...

"N-no!" Sunday gasped as her body flung forward, an eruption of bleeps penetrating her ears as something pinged from her arm, a small squirt of blood spraying the figure next to her.

"Jesus Christ-" the deep voice jolted awake, half-read files sprawled over his lap now sprinkled with her blood she still managed to gag at even with the fuzzy glaze over her eyes.

"W-what's happening? Where- WHY IS THERE BLOOD"

"It's okay Sunday, calm down-" the deep voice in the brightly lit room spoke surprisingly softly for who she thought it was.

"M-Mr Hotchner?"

"You need to lie back down, okay?" She felt a large but gentle hand on her shoulder, nudging her body back to a horizontal position as her brain fired off questions.

"W-where am I? What's happening? Why can't I see- oh my god am I dead? Is this heven? Why does heaven smell so bad? Am I in hell?! I knew I should have been baptised-"

"Shh, shh, take a breath for me and look over to your left-" Hotch hushed her with a small chuckle she could have sworn she heard, "-you're gonna feel a little pinch but it's nothing, okay? Just don't look at your arm for a moment."

"W-why would I look at my- HOLY BABY BEAR IN A RAINCOAT EATING MARMALADE WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY ARM?!" Sunday ignored his directions and looked to her right as her vision came back just in time to see Hotch pinching her skin on a vein to put the IV needle back in- which was when she noticed the hospital room she was in.

"Did you just describe Paddington instead of cursing?"

"Why are you stabbing me?!" She tried to yank her arm away from the surprisingly amused man but his hand wrapped around it with a firm grip as he hushed her once more and explained she had pulled her IV out and he was just putting it back in- giving her time to fully realise it was Hotch next to her, covered in... blood?

"Oh my god!" She exclaimed, finding herself tossing the bedsheets off to somehow switch Hotch onto the bed without either of them realising how, "You're bleeding! Are you okay?! Aaron we need to get you to a doctor right now, wait there-" 

Sunday tried to rush out of the room, failing to hide her gag at the blood on him, but Hotch caught her shoulders and turned her back to sit on the bed swiftly, standing back up in front of her.

"Sit down before you pass out again, please, it's your blood" he sighed- a hint of frustration she didn't quite understand to his voice, as if she was an inconvenient for apparently fainting.

"MY blood?! Am I okay- wait- I passed out?"

"Actually you had a seizure Miss Paisley" a different voice spoke from the door as an older doctor walked in with a clipboard and too big glasses, "one that dragged you in and out of consciousness for a few hours after you got here, is this the worst one you've have in a while?"