Vulture

Request: @Lightwhisker1

The building made a thundering noise as it came down.

Tony could see it collapse as he approached the location Friday had given him, telling him the Vulture would be there. He could see the dust rise up into the air and the water pipes bursting, water spewing around, turning the place into a flooded mess.

Luckily for Tony, he didn't have to go inside. Because just as he was descending, the Vulture came right out of his collapsed hiding spot.
Iron Man approached.

"Bit late for an evening flight don't ya think?" He spoke, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

The Vulture turned around and looked at him, face breaking out into a grin: "Stark, come to play hero again? Take the fame from your intern? Kid's tough, I'm telling you. But I guess you see it otherwise."

"I think it's more about you stealing my stuff bud." Tony retorted dryly as he shot at one of the suits wings with his repulsors.
The Vulture quickly dodged, but Tony, having expected the move, had already sent a tazer blast that direction. The impact caused both of the heavy wings to snap off and there he went.

Tony casually followed the Vulture to the floor as the suit malfunctioned and waited until the last second to catch him and lower him to the grimy floor, just to have him sweat a little. The wings came down a second later, causing a few loose rocks to shift.

The billionaire was about to interrogate the man after he bolted him to the floor but before he could speak a word, there was an unmistakable sound among the crashing of the boulders that once was a warehouse.

A scream.

Tony looked at the Vulture.
The latter grinned.
"You were right y'know, your intern is weak."

The billionaire felt his heart drop.
After making sure the Vulture was securely captured he rushed inside, landing amongst the rubble, he frantically scanned the area.
"Peter?!" He yelled, trying to locate his kid- his intern.

All he got was a meek whimper in response. Tony cursed.
"Fuck- Friday where is he?!"

"To your left, Sir. He is under the-"

"Please don't say the big boulder. Please don't say it."

"The big boulder, Sir."  Friday hesitantly spoke.

Tony quickly rushed toward the spot Friday pointed him and lo and behold, a familiar mess of curls clad in a red and blue onesie was stuck under the rock.

"Shit- Pete can you hear me?" Tony asked, voice tightening with fear as he crouched next to the kid.
Peter looked up slowly, but didn't meet his eyes.

"Yeah.. don't worry 'm fine," he quietly spoke "Just gotta lift this thing off and I'll be off.."
The kid tried to push himself (and the heavy ass boulder) up but Tony quickly put a hand on his shoulder.

"Woah hey hey, no lifting boulders off yourself and then just leaving kid. Gotta check your spine first etc. You don't wanna end up paralysed."

After checking the kid for injuries and lifting off the rock, Tony watched as the kid dusted himself off and then just stood there. The earful he was planning to give his intern disappeared and gave way for confusion.
"Are you okay kid?"

Peter nodded, but shame was evident on his face.
Tony suddenly understood: "he's embarrassed, he just got his shit rocked by the villain he wanted to defeat, just to impress his mentor."

Tony just sighed and put a hand on the kid's shoulder: "C'mon kid. Let's get you cleaned up and then we can work in the lab, we'll get your proper suit checked out with double the amount of trackers and order some pizza while we add some cool upgrades too. Sound good?"

The kid smiled tearfully and nodded
Tony wrapped an arm around the kid as they returned to the Tower.
Because damn the kid indeed was impressive.

========
Hey, I guess?

It's been a while. I kinda shut down over the summer and then my new education began and became stressful as fuck and my wellbeing has become a downwards spiral. I didn't know my mental health could get as bad as in 2019 but here we are I guess. (Somehow it's even worse? But also not? Like this time it's not just awful but there's literally gaps missing where fog takes over?)
It's all just blurry and things are piling up and everything is just dull or so stressful. Instead of distracting myself I now often just lay in bed doing nothing at all. I literally stop functioning outside of school and am only able to do shit that doesn't include leaving my bed (luckily I can manage personal hygiene tho)
So I thought I'd finally kick myself to get the last suggestion written down bc god I spent too long with it on my to do list.

I'm sorry that these Author Notes are always so sad, I really am.
But I just don't feel like lying and saying that I'm doing well when I literally keep hitting rock bottom and keep getting worse and everything is stressful as shit and life just fucks me over every day.
I hope you guys are well tho. You can leave suggestions on the conversation board if you want, I hope I can get more writing done cuz I wanted to do Whumptober but then everything blurred together and suddenly it's the 26th and I don't remember shit. (I might still do it but at my own time (aka it'll probably take me until next Whumptober to write all those prompts))
So yh. Congrats if you were able to decipher this cuz it's 3 AM and I've been spacing out a lot and stuff and I probably overshared way too fucking much again. I hope I remember this cringe in the morning and actually get myself to delete it bahah

Anyway,
Bye for now,