Chapter 13.2 : Runaway Snake II

Note:

Time skip: "------------------------"
Fashback: "<-----------"
End of flashback: "----------->"

Warning: Some might be ooc.

-------------- + --------------

~ Recap ~

"Well I must return this to Obanai, I'll be leaving now" You bowed and left quietly

What you didnt see was the faces of admiration from the people

-------------- + --------------

'Now which one is his estate..'

You're now out of the butterfly estate trying to return Kaburamaru to Obanai. Though you don't exactly know where his estate is at. Your hands are holding the hilt of your black veil covered umbrella, while the white snake is gently wrapped around your neck. You're sort of nervous and hoping that it won't bite you out of the blue.

"I'm surprised you still remembered me y'know, we only met for a short while"

The white snake nuzzled to the side of your neck, you took it as a way of saying that it still remember you nonetheless.

"Do you perhaps know where Obanai's place is?" You asked

Kaburamaru slither off of you and hissed softly as it slithers to wherever direction it went. Knowing its intentions, you followed it.

After a few minutes, you made it to Obanai's estate. Curiously, you called.

"Obanai? It's me, Y/n"

'Well I doubt he's actually home.. wait would he even open the doo-' your thoughts cut short when the shoji door slide open, revealing the hashira you've been trying to find.

"Y/n?"

"Hello" 'I wanna talk casually again'
A/n: Imagine saying it formally -thumbs up-

Crying inside your head, obanai heard the small hissing sound and saw  kaburamaru near your veil. It slithered up to Obanai and gently wrapped itself on his neck.

"It was stranded in kocho-san's estate and caused a small ruckus. So I thought of bringing it back to you"

"That explains why it wasnt here" Obanai said.

"..do you want to come in?"

You perked up a little. Lifting one side of the veil, your eyes softens as you smiled.

"I'd be delighted to."

-------------- + --------------

Your POV

Never thought how clean his estate is.

I looked around the room, seeing everything neatly placed. Even the hallway floor was quite clean, leaving a peaceful atmosphere.

..

Well, aside from the distant cries for help.

Was he training some demon slayers before I came? They're making it sound like it's brutal- okay maybe it is brutal, I don't know.

I sweatdropped, looking at the plain wall that has the poor yells of the demon slayers. Obanai happened to be facing his back against that same wall with his eyes closed. I looked straight ahead again and sip my tea.