Chap 14: A Friend Of A Friend

skip: "------------------------"
Fashback: "<-----------"
End of flashback: "----------->"
Change of POV: " + --------------------------- +

Warning: Some might be ooc.

-------------- + --------------

~ Recap ~

"Wait, Y/n-"

"Greetings, shinazugawa-san," You smiled warmly.

"Hope I'm not intruding."

-------------- + --------------

You hear Obanai let out a big sigh. Sanemi is glaring swords at you while you smile, leaving a stressed out Obanai in between the two.

The three of you were back to the room you and Obanai had a chat in. Outside the doorway can be seen numerous kakushis running back and forth, carrying the beaten up demon slayers to who knows where.

"Uhm, I apologize for suddenly attacking you, but I wanted to see your capabilities, that's all"

"..sure"

'Maa, curiousity did get to me'
you thought, sipping your tea to distract yourself from the death glare.

"Anyways, my name is Y/n-"

"I know that." Sanemi said bluntly.

'This little-'

"I'm aware of that, just making sure you remember." You put down your cup gently.

"Now I do hope we can cooperate with each other for our perspective goals" You smiled

Sanemi clicked his tongue, getting up towards the door. Before he opens it, he speaks with a venomous voice.

"Our 'goals' are completely incompatible with each other, and there's absolutely no way I'll ever agree to cooperate with you"

and with that, he finally exits the room with a loud thud. You flinched a little, but goes unoticed by the serpent hashira.

"..I expected that" You said, hearing another sigh from your old friend.

Obanai has his head on his hand, leaning onto the table. The other hand rest on table, letting kaburamaru slither off and towards you, nudging the top of your hand. You smiled at the small gesture, petting the white snake. (A/n: I have absolutely no idea if Kaburamaru is a he or she-)

"You really need to stop doing things like that around here Y/n, there's a lot of people like him who can't accept you that easily" You perked at his words.

Well it's not like you're an idiot (maybe a little), the entire demon corps was created to kill demons, where most of the members have either lost their loves ones to them, survived an attack of them, or they heard of them, all bearing absolute rage and resentment. For a demon like you, who has direct and close relations with the cause of all of this, even if you don't have bad intentions, won't be accepted with a light heart.

But surely the butterfly effect did their job right? At least a little bit, maybe he changed? Maybe he isn't as bad as he was supposed to be?

You made a change right?

..right..?

"..!"

Eh..?

"../n..!"

..did someone called..?

"Y/n!"

You snapped back to reality, seeing Obanai slightly panicking, calling out for you.

"I- Sorry- I must've spaced out"

"It's amazing how you can zone out midway through a conversation" Obanai deadpanned

"Personally I think it's a blessing"

"Doubt it"

-------------- + --------------

You stood infront of the estate, the veiled umbrella covering your entire body. Obanai on the other hand was giving a list of things you should and shouldn't do for some reason.

"-And that's it, got it?"

"Uhm- Yeah"

"Good"

"Well then, I'll be going back now"

You bid Obanai goodbye and walks back to the butterfly estate.

..

...

..or so you thought.

You looked left, right, and behind.

"..I'm lost" You said unbothered.

'Should I ask someone?'

+ --------------------------- +

The sound of footsteps can be heard going down the hill, sounding light yet heavy.

The wind hashira deep in thought, is thinking back to your figure...

...with hands in blood.

Why are you here? What's your motives? Why would a demon make a deal with its own enemy?

Sanemi doesn't really know what to think of you. He despises the fact that you're a demon, one that is related to Muzan no less.

So why did Obanai agreed? Him of all people? He loathes demons as much as he does though?

There's so many questions and yet none can be answered.

He grits his teeth.

He really can't understand.

+ --------------------------- +

A huge creature lays within the shadows of a fairly large cave, seeming asleep.

A figure slowly approaches it with no ounce of fear in his bones.

"It's been a week,"

A quiet growl can be heard, but held no malice or anger.

Then, it's two pair of eyes slowly opens.

"How are you, Gray?"

-------------- + --------------

Taisho Secrets:

- Did I mentioned how Obanai was ready to give a whole 5 paragraph worth of speech to defend Y/n from being executed?

- Shinobu is in turmoil for letting a demon loose

- Surprisingly, Y/n's deed in the butterfly estate spread quickly amongst the kakushi

-------------- + --------------

Guess who decided finally leave a chapter after starving you all, hehe.. I should make a convo section for you all to spam me-

Anywho, should I make everyone forget Y/n's a demon to twist things up or no?

See you in the next chap!
(I'll update it faster I swear-)

~Sleppy