Chapter 11

"M-My lady, You've been asleep for 34 days."

Siergen POV*

It's been about over a month now, since Mallory fell unconscious. I still remember the sight of blood dripping down from hr mouth as she looked at all of us with a sad smile on her face before going in to a deep slumber. The way I watched in slight horror yet amazement as her once purple locks started to fade in to a golden blonde. Her last words still ringing in my ears. What was it that she was hiding? Why did she hide it? I thought that we had built a mutual bond with one another. I even thought and saw her as my own daughter. Was she being threatened? Or is she a spy from an enemy nation? But why does her actual hair seem so familiar?

"Siergen!" loudly called outa voice, snapping me out of my train of thoughts. "Huh?" I said in slight daze. "I've been calling your name for a while now. You have been very out of it today, something going on?" asked a slightly red head. Oh yeah, I'm in a meeting. Where I am completely slipping my mind fora second. "Oh. Are you worried for me now Duke Solveig ? I'm so touched by your concern for me." I teased a shit eating grin on my face.

The red haired Duke clicked his tongue in annoyance and muttered something under his breath, as his leaned back in his chair and crossing his arms over his chest

The red haired Duke clicked his tongue in annoyance and muttered something under his breath, as his leaned back in his chair and crossing his arms over his chest. Though this would usually bring a sense of joy in me, this time for some reason it didn't. Maybe because my mind is still occupied by concern for my....daughter. It feels great saying that. My daughter.

"Duke Solveig, does have a point however. You have been acting very odd lately, not today specifically. Your mood seems a lot more lighter. You're not the only as well as I have noticed" Pointed out The grey haired male with similarly blueish/grey eyes, sitting next to the red haired duke. "Are you trying to say that I am constantly miserable now?" I asked raising an eyebrow in suspicion. "You know that's not that he meant. Duke Csintalan is just trying to say you seem a lot more happier these days" sighed Duke Alpheus, defending the grey haired duke.

"So I was a miserable old man before" I said acting clueless, obviously I knew that wasn't what he meant I just enjoyed messing with them

"So I was a miserable old man before" I said acting clueless, obviously I knew that wasn't what he meant I just enjoyed messing with them. "At least you won't be as old and miserable this one" Joked Duke Csintalan , pointing his thumb to the other side of him where the duke with the longer black hair and grey eyes sat. Hearing the insult thrown at him, the long haired male glared Daggers at the man sheepishly laughing beside him. "I would beg differ, there is no one more miserable than you Duke Csintalan. Were you not just complaining about your children a minute ago" spat back the black hared male. An imaginary arrow seemed to have pierced the grey haired duke square in his chest as a slightly pained expression came across his face.