Chapter 18

I think it's time for me visit the infamous Black tower. I've got a little business to attend too there.

The wait was a little tedious, having to remain patient until the entire mansion falls asleep. Though it would only be a couple more hours until that time, and until then I kept myself occupied by heading towards to the gardens. Where I practised a couple of spells. Using Mana requires a bit of practise before it becomes second nature. Today I just practised some elemental magic, which in my opinion one of the easiest. I've been able to to improve my skills to the point I am able to control anything that may contain in even half a percent of the particular element. Fiona said my abilities are reaching the level that of a second grade mage, the one who contain a 2-3 star level of mana. And I felt this fuzzy feeling inside of me upon hearing her praises for me. Hearing praises from a parental figure still something foreign to me, but it's one that I enjoy.

I later joined Fiona and Siergen for dinner. Another thing I can never get used to is the food. There's just so much of it, and all of it tastes absolutely divine as well. I also feel extremely guilty in seeing all the food that goes to waste, but I was told by the head butler that all food that is leftover is either eaten by the staff or given to people that may need it. Which eased my worries. As living under the Count, I appreciated every single grain that I was given to me. Having been fed barely a single loaf of bread a day.

After dinner, Fiona and Siergen returned to their shared office to finish some paperwork. Whilst I returned back to my room, with time still needing to be killed. Upon entering my room, I told the maid closest that I was going to sleep now. Which also meant to not allow to bother me, a perk of my current living situation that I enjoy taking advantage. It allows me to be alone during the dark periods of where my demons from the past come back to bite me in the ass. It's a sight that I want no one to see. It's the rare moments of where my guards down, and I'm at my most vulnerable.

A weakness of mine that I try my absolute best in hiding. Cause the path that I have chosen for myself is one that will not allow me the luxury of emotions and attachments. But I've now starting to realise I have already failed at the second part, so I must do my best in trying to maintain the first. Besides I've already wasted 3 lifetimes worth of tears, and I refuse to let my cry any more than necessary in my fourth. Because my fourth one is the one where I will take my long awaited revenge on all of those who have wronged me. I'll make sure they suffer the pain that they had me endure. And once that done, I'll finally be at the peace I so long craved for.  I'll do anything to achieve that goal of mine, even if it means losing myself along the way. As it'll all be worth it in the end.

The remaining hours tick by soon enough, and a loud silence envelopes the entirety of the mansion. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, allowing myself to enjoy this silence. I change out of my dress and I told some more comfortable and practical clothes. Not really having the energy to deal with my hair I leave it the way it already is.

 Not really having the energy to deal with my hair I leave it the way it already is