Chapter 17

Claude POV*

I think I've gone Insane.

A loud knock came from the doors of my office. Lifting my head from the palms of my hand I look with a slight glare. "Who is it?" I ask harshly. Without a second hesitation, Felix's voice responds. "Felix, Your Majesty. I am here to give you the report" Letting outa small groan, I force myself to sit upright at my desk. "Come in" I grumble, whilst massaging my temples with the tips of my finger. The migraine from early this morning still having not left me.

The doors of my office opened, and ins tapped the red head knight. A stack of paper held agaisnt his chest, and his usual bubbly smile lost. Now replaced by a serious look, accompanied with a slight frown. Well this can't be good.

Ever since my first nightmare, I had asked Felix to silently investigate if there was any possibility that my other daughter was alive. The knight was very much surprised at first, a wave of guilt washing over his features. But he went on with his work with my diligence. However every single time it was time for the reports, there was nothing. And weirdly enough I would feel disappointed, heartbroken. Emotions that I am not at all familiar with, and never want to be.

I was about to give in the order for Felix to give up, after my meeting with the Helions. But it after then that Felix came me to in a frenzy, looking both relived and panicked. He told me about what the Helion heiress spoke of, having seen a girl with imperial features roaming around the east. Particularly near Count Albert's land. That very day I had sent Felix and a couple of others to go and investigate. To keep a low profile and find out as much as possible. And it seems that they've come back with something.

"Have you found anything of significance?" I ask, now resting my chin on my palm, whilst my other hand taps the table with impatience. I don't like how fidgety I've become recently. This isn't even soothing that've velocipede due to the nightmares, but rather something that has started only recently. More specifically since I met that girl, Helion Duchy's Heiress.

At first I had thought I had gone insane, seeing her eyes flash a Jewelled blue for that split second. I believed that my mind was just simply playing trick son me. Seeing as that I am haunted by the nightmares at every single damned walking second of the day. Everything around me is starting to remained me of Athelinda. And originally I had thought, I imagined it, having my second daughter occupy my mind so frequently. I am now starting to think any little girl is her. Maybe it is my desperation to find her, or the guilt that's been consuming my heart.

Whatever the reason maybe, I need to find my daughter. And soon. "We had went around and asked Locals if they had seen an odd looking girl, and majority said they hadn't. However at a pub, we were able to find a couple and they talked about how roughly a year ago there were two children running away. A boy and a girl. The said they couldn't see the children's faces properly but they did notice that the girl had blonde hair." explained Felix, walking forward and placing the stack of paper at my desk. I hummed in acknowledgment, signalling for Felix to continue on with his report. Picking up the paper at the top of the stack, my eyes skim min over the contents. Just more fuss about the Dukedoms Heirs. It seems Grand Duke and Duchess Valentine have found their missing son, and are going to dub him their heir. They seem like they're going to visits the capital soon along with Grand Duke Csintalan

"We asked others if they had witnessed the same thing, and all said they had. After asking a few more people about he details, we were able to find that the children were running away from the direction of Count Albert's mansion. Many also stated how they caught glimpses of bruises, scars and bandages all over the children." finishes Felix, a dark expression on his face as his his thoughts began to match with mine. The possibility of the second princesses being trafficked as a slave. The horrors that she would've had to endure in her childhood, are ones that I am most likely unable to fathom. "You may leave now Felix" I command, shooing the red haired knight. Felix only nods whilst bowing at a 90 degrees "Greetings and Blessings to the Sun of the Obelian Empire" he says. Standing back upright and swiftly making his exit out thought the doors. Most likely to return to his temporary post as my daughters Knight.